Indoor waterpark getaways are all the rage here in WNY! An easy peasy solution to a beach craving when the weather straight up sucks! Now that my daughter is getting older we have been guilty of being "those" Western New Yorkers taking advantage of all the waterpark fabulousness just a car ride away any direction!
Packing for such a trip can definitely be confusing for a first timer! I know I did a lot of unnecessary packing when I went on my rookie trip. I was so worried I wasn't going to fit in so I just brought my whole wardrobe with me. To save all of you fabulous Mamas some packing trouble, I narrowed a must have list down for you. No reason to bring your whole closet if you don't have to!
1. Nail Polish ~ I know, it sounds silly, but you will thank me later! I don't know what it is about chlorinated water, but I swear it literally eats nail polish. No matter how fabulous of a brand you buy it just chips! Then the bottom surface of the pools, omg do not even get me started on how the surface chips away your fab pedicure. Nothing worse than chipped nail polish, so bring the matching shades with you.
2. A Deep Conditioner ~ Chlorine dries out your beautiful locks so make sure to bring a deep conditioner with you to keep your hair from turning into a massive frizz ball. Nothing fabulous about frizz!
3. Towels ~ Unfortunately in this day in age, most waterparks do not provide towels. Even the waterparks in hotels. So bring your own unless you want to shake the water off your body like a puppy dog.
4. Pack the Right Swimsuit ~ Don't get me wrong, I am a total bikini lover. If you come by during the summer to chill poolside with me when the kiddo isn't around, I will probably be wearing one. I'm even wearing one in a lot of my resort reviews for photo purposes only lol.... However, I will admit that is 100% for photo reasons and you best believe I had a one piece in my bag to change into! If you are busy chasing little ones around a water park, a one piece is probably the way to go since they keep everything covered when you have to make an unexpected dash after a kiddo going where they should not! Thankfully the interwebs is filled with cute one pieces so you won't feel like a total dork wearing one ;-)
5. Wear Flats ~ another silly one, but when I was living in Florida I can't tell you how many girls I saw rockin heels at the water park. No, just no! I'm not saying don't look fab at the park, just keep in mind a water park is not a south beach pool party. Chances are not one person will notice your feet since they have kids of there own tend to. Save the heels for date night.
6. Bring a Plastic Shopping Bag ~ this will save the inside of your fabulous pool/beach bag! Just put all your wet stuff in the plastic bag and your bag will be kept looking and smelling fresh!
7. Lotion ~ Your skin will be left feeling pretty dry after a day in the park. Unfortunately the itty bitty hotel lotions will not be enough to cure your dry skin, so bring a bottle with you. Your skin will thank you for it!
8. Pack Casual Attire for Around the Resort ~ The first time I went to an indoor water park resort I literally packed a variety of everything because I had no clue what to expect. I wanted to make sure I was dressed like everyone else, so I just brought my whole wardrobe with me. The answer is casual! Save yourself all the unnecessary packing and bring your comfy outfits :)
9. Wine ~ Just in case all the stop screaming you will hear all day long at the park finally gets to you ;-) Wine fixes everything & will help you gain your strength back to battle day two the next morning!
10. Clean Out Your Photos BEFORE Your Trip! ~ you will want to take a million photos to share your fabulous trip with all of your interwebs friends, so make sure you have space on your phone for those photos. Don't be like me and have to delete apps to make room for photos because you forgot to transfer them to a flash drive ;-)
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.