Once a week I will be reviewing a popular “drug store” makeup product & review/rating as if it were one of my “holy grail” department store products. Maybe I will find cheaper, wallet friendly dupes for my high end favorites!
Ratings 1-10. 1 being garbage. 10 being holy grail
Hey loves! I will admit, I’m usually NOT a fan of drugstore foundations. They do keep getting better and better, but most of them either make my skin break out, aren’t long lasting or aren’t full coverage enough! If I’m going to be applying makeup & not just a tinted moisturizer for the day, I best be looking like a porcelain doll & most drugstore foundations just don’t deliver that type of result.
Being a girl obsessed with makeup that watching endless makeup videos, I kept spotting people making claims that the new Wet N Wild Photo Focus foundation was a full coverage, new drugstore “holy grail”.
I was extremely skeptical since Wet N Wild is a brand I associate with teenagers just discovering makeup. I even rocked their metalic lipsticks in high school!!! Plus all of these girls making these claims I know for a fact get PR packages from Wet N Wild. Wet N Wild’s PR team gets a high five from me for making sure their products are everywhere because they really are! I can’t go on YouTube or Insta without spotting it!
I decided after video 262819 taking about how fabulous Wet N Wild PhotoFocus is, to just pick a bottle up at CVS and I've been testing it out for a week now.... Here is what I, a girl who does NOT get Wet N Wild PR packages thinks!
It is $5.99 at the drugstore.
claims on the website
"Your skin, only better. Our new high-performing, skin-perfecting foundation underwent major road testing under seven different photo lighting conditions to deliver flawless camera-ready makeup every time. Specially made with a matte, light-diffusing complex to give your skin #nofilter perfection.
• It passes the flash photography test with flying colors! It looks over the top NATURAL GORGEOUS in photos if you take those photos right away!
• I'd have to say this foundation looks... Dare I say amazing in photos if you take them on the spot? Better than any other drugstore foundations I've tried!
• No breakouts! I have skin that will break out if I don’t take fantastic care of it & read product labels. The old Wet N Wild foundation made my skin break out like crazy when I was in High School so I always purchased Clinique. I wore this foundation for a week and my skin survived! Bravo on the new formula!
• Wet N Wild PhotoFocus is a foundation that seems to stay sticky/tacky on the face. No amount of setting powder changes that and it does transfer when you hug someone.
• Soaks right into a beauty blender! Best applied with silicone or a makeup brush.
• It lasts for about 3?hours before you need a touch up. It looks AMAZING for those first few hours but after that, it starts to look terrible really quick. But, in the foundation's defense - I've been only using one primer - the Wet N Wild PhotoFocus Dewy Lumineux since this was a Wet N Wild product review. I definitely need to start testing it with other primers to see if the longevity gets better.
• Despite the full coverage claims from beauty gurus, Wet N Wild PhotoFocus is definitely NOT full coverage. It’s a medium coverage foundation that you really cannot build up since it will look cakey.
Despite the negatives, I can’t hate this foundation. The way it looks in photos.... You just can't beat that for $6! Wet N Wild PhotoFocus does everything the manufacture claims. Wet N Wild makes zero claim about the longevity or the coverage, it’s all about the way it looks in photos and it delivers 100%.
I will give it a 7! Definitely not a “Holy Grail” , but worthy of a review spot on my site since it does give you a natural fabulous look in photos since it is a medium coverage foundation. Just not a date night, long lasting foundation.
If you’re a girl who loves taking selfies in your bedroom or are a fellow blogger that loves a more natural look when taking photos of yourself for reviews, this would be the product for you! Just don’t expect to wear this to the club and expect it to last throughout the night. Definitely not drunk girl friendly. It’s not that type of foundation whatsoever!
I do wish it wore longer on me because of the more natural, flawless look you get in photos since it is medium coverage. A great daytime foundation if it would last more than a few hours. It would be perfect for all those play date photos if it were long lasting! Being a makeup junkie I know the right primers and setting sprays can deliver that! So I will be testing it with new primers for the next couple weeks - I will keep you guys updated on my Instagram Stories (Kourtneelynne)!
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.