Boy does my 6 year old love to color!!!! Keeps her occupied for HOURS! Her love for coloring has led to us owning more broken crayons than you could ever imagine! I swear a crayon has the life time of about a day before it’s left sitting in pieces.
The best thing to do when you have a jar filled with broken crayons is to up-cycle them. Just take your Silicone Cupcake Molds and simply fill them up with those broken crayons to give your child endless hours of coloring fun!!!
• Broken Crayons
• Silicone Cupcake Molds
2. Now take your broken crayons and remove all the paper. Then sort the crayons by color.
3. Now for the fun part. Take your broken crayons and start placing them in the molds. To get a tie-dye effect, just toss the broken crayons in the molds randomly.
4. Once your Cupcake Molds are filled with crayons, turn the oven on 250 degrees. Then place the molds in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the crayons have melted.
5. After your Tie-Dye Crayons are nice and melted, take them out of the oven and let them cool and return to a solid state.
6. Once your Tie-Dye crayons are solid, Pop your Tie-Dye Crayons out of the molds.
7. Color away!!! Enjoy :)
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.