The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
I know what you are thinking!!!! Really Courtney? Sunflower field tips?! Yes really! I know last year I would have been rolling my eyes at such a topic! Then I went to my first sunflower field and boy was I not prepared. You best believe I wish I would have skimmed what I assumed would be a pointless post before going on my first sunflower adventure.
On Monday Haylie and I went back to our favorite Sunflower Field, Sunflowers of Sanford NY for the second year in a row. We were definitely prepared this time around and I will fill you in on what you need to know below :)
1. Bring Water ~ You will be doing a lot of walking! Even if you don’t feel like carrying a bottle of water around with you, have a bottle in the car for when you are finished. You will be doing more walking than you expect. You will thank yourself later that you brought that bottle of water along with you on your Sunflower adventure since it gets hot!!!
2. Shoes ~ I know you want to look insta fabulous for those sunflower photos, but wear an old pair of shoes or sandals. Old sneakers would be preferred since it is a muddy field, but if you’re like me, you want to look glam. Rock an old pair of sandals that you care less about, so when they get dirty, you could care less.
3. Weather ~ Check the weather. Last year we went on our sunflower adventure the day after it rained! Even though it was 85 degrees and sunny, the field was still a muddy mess! I so wish we would have waited a day or two for the field to dry up! Our feet were covered in mud by the time we left.
4. Bring Cash ~ If you plan on picking your own Sunflowers to bring home, plan on bringing some cash! I think it’s safe to assume most Sunflower fields are cash only! Thankfully this was something I assume about all farms so I was prepared, but a lot of other folks were disappointed to leave Sunflower-less.
5. Timing is Everything ~ Sunflowers topically have a lifespan of two weeks. That’s right, you have two weeks once those sunflower bloom to snag those insta shots! You want to stalk the sunflower farm near you to find out when the sunflowers are due to bloom and head on over ASAP. If you wait too long, you will end up like us last year with droopy sunflowers in the background.
6. Beware of Bumblebees ~ Sunflower fields are like Disneyland for bumblebees. They are everywhere. If you’re allergic to bumblebees, you might want to stay away, or at least wear some bug spray!
Have you been to a sunflower field?
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!