Lollipops!!! Such a classic treat and definitely a favorite of mine!! Sure, it's easy to buy them in the store, but it is even more fun to make them at home. The best part about making your own lollipops is that you can completely customize them—choose your favorite flavorings and create combinations that appeal to you and your family and friends.
Since Memorial Day is right around the corner and Flag Day & July 4th aren’t too far behind, I thought it would be fun to make some Red, White & Blue Suckers. A patriotic treat everyone young or old will enjoy!
• 1 cup sugar
• 1/3 cup light corn syrup
• 2 Tablespoons water
• 1 teaspoon cherry flavoring
• Red, white and blue nonpareil sprinkles
• Non stick cooking spray
• Sucker mold
• Lollipop sticks
1. Spray a small amount of non stick cooking spray on a piece of paper towel and rub the cooking spray in the sucker molds.
2. Add about a 1/2 teaspoon of red, white and blue sprinkles to each mold with a lollipop stick.
3. In a heavy bottomed pot, combine your sugar, light corn syrup and water and mix well.
4. Bring your ingredients to a boil on medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula for about 7 minutes or until the temperature reaches 310° using a candy thermometer (caution this will be very hot).
5. Mix in your candy flavoring.
6. Carefully (this will be very hot) pour your melted candy into your lollipop molds, let’s set for a few minutes and transferred to the freezer for another 10 minutes.
7. Carefully pop your suckers out.
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.