This post was sponsored by Ling Ling, all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Yum!!!!!! Asian food is definitely one of my favorite cuisines!!! Honestly, it’s safe to say I’m Asian food obsessed. I swear I could eat it every day and never get sick of it! It’s just that good!!!!!
Potstickers have been a favorite of mine since childhood and are legit my favorite takeout items. So when I found out Ling Ling now makes Ling Ling Potstickers and they can be found at a grocery store near you, you best believe I squealed with excitement!!! Being able to enjoy one of my favorite entrees chef’d up in my very own kitchen sounded way too good to be true!!! I just had to give them a try!!!!
Ling Ling Potstickers
Never heard of Ling Ling?!?! Boy have you been missing out!!! Ling Ling provides authentic Asian recipes bursting with flavor!!!! All of their products are not only high quality, but contain clean ingredients like freshly sourced vegetables and savory proteins!!! I knew the Ling Ling Potstickers would not disappoint after hearing all that!!!! The best part is, the Potstickers come with Ling Ling delicious signature dipping sauce and are easy peasy to prepare!!! Easy is one of my favorite words to hear when it comes to food since that makes that specific item a convenient option to share with my family and friends.
Chinese New Year
The Chinese New Year is right around the corner, so Ling Ling Potstickers would make a delicious choice to celebrate with. Since February 5th falls on a Tuesday, you best believe our family will be planning on heck of a celebration in the comfort of our very own home! With school and work the next day, we will be celebrating early so we can keep our normal bedtimes.
One of my favorite at-home Asian entrees happens to be my Chinese New Year Potsticker Salad!!! I know it sounds like a crazy combo at first, but it’s actually the tastiest thing you will ever eat! I discovered this soon to be obsession years ago when I was enjoying a delicious Hibachi dinner. I ordered potstickers as an appetizer and placed them on my side salad. It was one of the best decisions I ever made since I have been hooked on this combo ever since. Now that Ling Ling makes Potstickers, my famous salads can make an appearance any day of the week in my very own kitchen!!! Such a perfect dinner option for families. Especially on the Chinese New Year!!!
• Ling Ling Potstickers
• Cabbage/Carrot Mixture
• Crunchy Noodles
• Asian Dressing
Place your lettuce in a bowl. Then sprinkle your cabbage/carrot mix on top.
Add those yummy mandarins!!!
Tine to toss those peanuts and crunchy noodles on top!
Now it’s time to chef up those Ling Ling Potstickers!!! Such an easy peasy process!!! The instructions are on the back of the package, but I know if you’re anything like me, you love a good visual. Simply oil your pan. Add a little water. Toss your Ling Ling Potstickers into the pan once the oil/water mixture has heated. Then simply let the Ling Ling Potstickers cook away!
Once your Ling Ling Potstickers are fully cooked, place them into your salad l.
And just like that, you have made yourself a Chinese New Year Potsticker Salad!!! All in 10 minutes or less! You really can’t beat that!!!! That’s less time than calling and waiting for takeout!!!
Are you planning anything festive for the Chinese New Year?
Ahhhhh ‘tis the season of all things heart shaped!!! I’ve been on a roll lately with the heart shaped content!!! Lavender Scented Heart Bath Bombs, now Lavender Scented Heart Soaps!!!! I just love this time of year!! So girly!!! So fabulous!! So fun!!!!
Making homemade soaps and bath bombs has been a favorite past time this winter!!! My daughter has a bath bomb and colorful soap obsession and making our own has been a great mommy/daughter bonding time activity. So fun and so easy to make!!!
• ¼ lb melt and pour soap base
• 1 drop lavender liquid soap dye
• 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
• Small glass bowl
• Wooden craft stick
• Small silicone heart mold
Step 1. Put soap base in glass bowl and microwave for 30 seconds. Stir very well. If not completely melted, put on for another 10 seconds.
Step 2. Stir liquid soap dye and essential oil into the bowl.
Step 3. Spoon mixture into the silicone mold.
Step 4. Let set for about 30 minutes and remove from mold.
This post is sponsored by Silk and Soapbox influence. All the opinions are mine alone. #SilkOatYeah
I love smoothies!!!!! They are truly a meal in a jar. I always wake up very hungry, but don’t always have time to sit down and eat a meal. #Ad #BossBabeProblems
I love everything about bananas!!! The fruit is literally a powerhouse of nutrients!!! That’s how I became obsessed with Banana Oatmilk Smoothies!!!! I can’t get enough of them because they are so simple to make & take less than 5 minutes to make!!! Even the busiest boss babe has time for that!!! They are also thick enough to eat with a spoon (if you have the time), or you can pour them into a jar and take them to go. They really are THAT satisfying and they keep me full for hours! #SilkOatYeah
Banana Oatmilk smoothies taste just like a delicious creamy vanilla milkshake! A fantastic way to start your day and fuel your body! These 3 recipes also come in handy to replace any cravings for something sweet and delicious anytime of the day!!! So, when I found out I no longer had to make my Oatmilkby hand & all I had to do was run to my local Walmart and pick up a carton of Silk Oat Yeah! You best believe I got excited!!!!! I’m now able to shed extra time off of my smoothie prep since all I need to do is pour!!!!!
Silk Oat Yeah!
I’m sure at this point you’re thinking what?!?! Did you just say Silk makes an Oatmilk & it can be found at Walmart!?! I sure did!!! #Ad If you are a dairy-free, nut-free, and veg-curious Walmart shopper and looking for plant-based alternatives to dairy or your daily smoothies, Silk Oat Yeah is for you!!!
Silk Oat Yeah can be a delightful,
quick and easy addition for your appetizers, snacking, or meal creation for any occasion. Silk Oat Yeah can be used in a wide range of recipes that celebrate the creamy, craveable taste of Oat Yeah!!! Perfect for coffee and beyond delicious in savory, sweet recipes. You can even drink it naked or use it in your Banana Oatmilk Smoothies like myself!!! #SilkOatYeah
Chocolate Banana OatMilk Smoothie
• 1 Cup Silk Oat Yeah! Chocolate
• 1/2 Cup Plain Dairy-Free Yogurt
• 1/2 Banana
• 1 Teaspoon Coco Powder (Optional for Extra Coco Flavor)
• Oats & Chocolate Chips for Garnish
Put banana, cocoa powder, plain yogurt, ice cubes and Silk Oat Yeah! Chocolate in an electric blender/mixer. Blend.
Pour into a jar/glass/mug. Garnish with chocolate chips & oats. Enjoy!
Vanilla Banana OatMilk Smoothie
• 1 Cup Silk Oat Yeah! Vanilla
• 1 Banana
1/2 Cup Dairy-Free Vanilla Yogurt
• 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1/2 Teaspoon Honey
•Oats for Garnish
Put banana, cinnamon, vanilla yogurt, honey, ice cubes and Silk Oat Yeah! Vanilla in an electric blender/mixer. Blend.
Pour into a jar/glass/mug. Garnish with oats. Enjoy!
Banana OatMilk Smoothie
• 1 Cup Silk Oat Yeah! Plain
• 1 Banana
• 1/2 Cup Dairy-Free Plain Yogurt
• 1/2 Teaspoon Honey
•Oats for Garnish
Put banana, plain yogurt, honey, ice cubes and Silk Oat Yeah! Plain in an electric blender/mixer. Blend.
Pour into a jar/glass/mug. Garnish with oats. Enjoy!
This post was sponsored by Amazon as part of an Ambassador Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Ahhhhh snow days!!! I have such a love/hate relationship with them! When you spot a blizzard a few days before on your Echo Show, at least you have time to prepare yourself for a house full of kids and not being able to go outdoors. When you get a random ice storm in the middle of the night and receive a 6am automated call telling you schools are canceled due to freezing rain and icy conditions. Those are the “snow days” that would drive me insane. Not a single planned activity. Definitely not stocked up on those favorite snow days snacks. Unplanned snow days were the worst until we discovered all the fun we can have with our Alexa devices!
Honesty, it’s hard to remember a time Alexa wasn’t there to help save the day!!! Alexa makes our unplanned snow days a tad bit more fun & exciting since we can just ask her to play music, read the news, control our smart home, tell a joke, and more! Whether you are at home or on the go, Alexa is designed to make your life easier by letting you voice-control your world.
A few months ago we found out that Amazon made an Echo Dot Kids Edition and boy did we get excited!!! Families just like ours have loved using Alexa in their households so Amazon wanted to provide a kid-friendly, kid-centric Alexa experience with parental controls! My daughter loves playing with our devices, especially on those snow days and now she can have one of her very own! No more stealing mommy’s Alexa to read to her favorite stories or play the Sponge Bob Challenge, she can play with her very own Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition instead!!!
Echo Dot Kids Edition
Keep your kids nice and entertained on those unplanned snow days with Echo Dot Kids Edition and FreeTime on Alexa. Kids have access to age-appropriate music! That’s right, unlike Mommy & Daddy’s devices, Echo Dot Kids Edition is filtered with FreeTime on Alexa that lets parents select which services and skills kids can use, turn off voice purchasing, and more. Parents can also block explicit song lyrics with Amazon Music, and use Household Communications for announcements, calling, messaging and drop-in within the home.WooHoo!!! You can also find features like educational Q&A, a Magic Word, and kid-friendly suggestions when kids are bored on those snow days. Parents can also manage their kids’ experience on Parent Dashboard—same as FreeTime on other devices! I swear after one day of having an Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition in your home, you will be asking yourself how you ever went without one! Especially on those snow days. Such a game changer!
Amazon FreeTime on Alexa
I know there must be a few Alexa newbies out there and I know exactly what you’re asking yourself. What the heck is this Amazon FreeTime Unlimited that you speak of? FreeTime Unlimited on Alexa is how you keep your child entertained since it includes over 1000 Audible kids’ books, kid-friendly, ad-free radio stations and playlists, character alarms, and premium Alexa skills that kids will love.
Amazon FreeTime Unlimited on Alexa is also available on Echo devices starting at $2.99 per month. And, families that already subscribe to FreeTime Unlimited on Fire tablets or Android devices can enjoy FreeTime Unlimited on Alexa content at no additional cost. So if your kids have those popular Fire Tablets like my daughter, hook your Amazon Echo Dot Kids Edition for free!
Do you struggle keeping your kids entertained on those snow days? Let Alexa help you with exciting entertainment the whole family can enjoy!!!
• Alexa, start SpongeBob Challenge.” This voice-activated memory game tests your wits as you try to take meal orders at the Krusty Krab from the residents of Bikini Bottom.
• “Alexa, open Sesame Street.” Your Alexa-enabled device becomes a direct line to your little ones favorite Sesame Street character Elmo!
• “Alexa, meow like a cat.” This is one feature my 6 year old couldn’t get enough of when she discovered it!!! She would ask Alexa to meow like a cat and bark like a dog over and over. She did it so much our puppy though Alexa was an animal and would start barking at her lol.... According to the Animal Sounds Alexa skill creator, users can ask to hear the sounds of a “baboon, bear, bobcat, cat, cow, coyote, hippopotamus, lemur, lion, spider, monkey, spider monkey, rooster—and more.”
• “Alexa, open Amazon Storytime.” Turn any time into story time with Amazon Storytime, a free Alexa skill for kids ages 5-12. Explore a collection of more than a hundred short stories featuring lively full-cast recordings. Kids can choose from story categories including bedtime, silly, family, friends, and more. Or spin the magic story wheel for a surprise set of stories. Super helpful if you just need the kids to sit still and chill for a few minutes.
• “Alexa, tell me a knock-knock joke.” Alexa won’t do the back and forth thing with you, but she does have some knock knock jokes to tell. The answer is always different, so your kids might get sucked into asking for knock knock jokes all day.
• “Alexa, how old are you?” Alexa will actually tell you her age (which is 3), but she will also tell you how old she is in dog years and AI years. It’s a large number, as it seems the latter age is counted in nanoseconds.
• “Alexa, launch Guess the Number.” Alexa will “think” of a number between 1 and 100 and your kids have to guess it while she directs them “higher” or “lower.”
• “Alexa, Can you beatbox?” I have to say Alexa is the best at beatboxing!! Have your kids give it a try and and see Alexa throw down.
• “Alexa, play [insert child’s favorite song here].” Alexa is, at its heart, a speaker made for music. So let her blast out the Sophia The First theme song if it helps cheer things up. Or, if it’s just you who needs the cheering, just make your pick and rock it out, mama! Alexa can play pretty much anything you ask of her, especially if you’re an Amazon Prime or Amazon Music Unlimited member, which gives you access to Amazon’s expansive music library.
• “Alexa, Who you gonna call?” “Ghostbusters!” This one always gets my 6 year old and even my hubby giggling!
•”Alexa, open Mighty Trivia. This one is geared towards a younger audience with three different difficulty levels. Alexa will pretend to be an object, person, place or animal and you must guess what she is based on questions and hints.
• “Alexa, Fart” That’s right. You read that correctly! Your kid’s love for Alexa may reach unprecedented heights when they discover the perfect command to give her: “Ask for a fart. The laughs are sure to be plenty.
Are you an Alexa family? What ways do you use your device on snow days?
Who isn’t totally obsessed with bath bombs?!?! My daughter and I just can’t get enough of them! With our closest Lush store being and hour and twenty minutes away, I feel we can never quite stock keep them in stock! We are always running out before our next trip to that specific mall.
Since bath bombs are our obsession, I thought it would be fun to start making our own. While I’m still obsessed with Lush, I think our Lavender Scented Heart Shaped Bath Bombs come in a close second place. Way better than what you can pick up at Walmart! Enjoy!
● 2 oz Epsom salt
● 4 oz baking soda
● 2 oz corn starch
● 2 oz citric acid
● 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
● ½ tbsp water
● 1 drop violet soap dye
● 20 drops Lavender essential oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients first (Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid), using the whisk. Mix well to ensure there are no clumps.
2. Pour the wet ingredients (grapeseed oil, water and food coloring (and if you’re using essential oil)) into jar, secure the lid and shake well.
3. Very slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, about a few drops at time, while whisking. If you’re not pouring slowly enough, the mixture will start to fizz and you don’t want that to happen.
4. Once all of the liquid has been poured into the dry mixture, mix very well until the color is consistent.
5. Immediately fill the molds with the mixture.
6. Firmly stuffing each side full.
7. Secure both parts of the mold together and let set. I always give it about a day, just to be on the safe side.
8. Carefully release bath bombs from molds and put into an airtight container, or individual cello bags.
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.