The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
O my yum!!!! One of my favorites as a child was coffee cake! My dad would buy a box of it every weekend. Yeah, we were fancy folks with our boxed cakes lol.... My brother and I didn’t know there was anything else besides boxed Coffee Cake, so would look forward to it.
When I got older and started to figure out my way around the kitchen, I thought it would be fun to make my own! After some trial and error and the addition of one of my favorite fruits, peaches! I finally perfected my Peach Coffee Cake recipe! Enjoy!!
2 C flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 C whole milk
3/4 C light brown sugar
1/2 C fat free sour cream
1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softend
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 C chopped peaches
Crumb topping ingredients:
1 C light brown sugar
2/3 C flour
3/4 C (6 tbsp) unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
Cinnamon Glaze ingredients
1 C powdered sugar
2 1/2 tsp whole milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a springform pan and set aside. In a standing mixer, cream together the milk, brown sugar, sour cream, sweet cream butter, egg, and vanilla until smooth and combined
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
3. Gradually mix in the flour mixture until combined.
4. Mix in the chopped peaches
5. Scoop batter into the prepared springform pan and set aside.
6. In a medium bowl, combine the ingredients for the crumb topped.
7. Using your fingers or fork, mix the mixture until it is combined and crumbly.
8. Sprinkle the entire crumb topping mixture onto the batter.
Bake in the oven for 55 minutes. During the last 5 minutes of baking, make the cinnamon glaze.
9. Once done baking, remove from oven and drizzle the sauce over the cake.
10. Allow to cool before enjoying!
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!