Hello everyone!!!! Did y’all miss me?!?! I just got home from a fabulous trip in Orlando!!! A much needed week away from every day life and it was indeed wonderful. Exactly what this mama needed. My head is now cleared and I’m motivated to create create CREATE for y’all!!!!
I can’t help but think about Dr.Seuss every time I’m in Orlando since I do have a 6 year old who is obsessed with Seuss Landing at Universal Studios. We just had to make these one fish two fish rice krispie treats as soon as we got home. So cute! So fun! The perfect activity for your kiddo to create while enjoying one of their favorite books. Enjoy!!
• 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
• 15oz marshmallows
• 3 Tablespoons softened butter
• Red and blue food coloring
• Large candy eyes
• 1/2 cup frosting
• Fish cookie cutter
• 9x13” pan
• Non stick cooking spray
1. Grease a small 9x13” pan with butter or a non stick cooking spray.
2. In two large microwave safe bowls, separate your marshmallows in half with 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter and heat for 1-2 minutes until the marshmallows get puffy
3. Mix in a couple drops of red food coloring in one and a few blue in the other to achieve to different colors.
4. Now mix in three cups of Rice Krispies cereal in each bowl.
5. Scoop each color into your pan, half and half, press down firmly.
6. Freeze for 15 minutes before using a fish cookie cutter to cut out your shapes.
7. Use a dab of frosting to stick the candy eyes on your fish.
8. Serve & Enjoy!
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.