Who isn’t totally obsessed with bath bombs?!?! My daughter and I just can’t get enough of them! With our closest Lush store being and hour and twenty minutes away, I feel we can never quite stock keep them in stock! We are always running out before our next trip to that specific mall.
Since bath bombs are our obsession, I thought it would be fun to start making our own. While I’m still obsessed with Lush, I think our Lavender Scented Heart Shaped Bath Bombs come in a close second place. Way better than what you can pick up at Walmart! Enjoy!
● 2 oz Epsom salt
● 4 oz baking soda
● 2 oz corn starch
● 2 oz citric acid
● 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
● ½ tbsp water
● 1 drop violet soap dye
● 20 drops Lavender essential oil
1. Mix the dry ingredients first (Epsom salt, baking soda, cornstarch and citric acid), using the whisk. Mix well to ensure there are no clumps.
2. Pour the wet ingredients (grapeseed oil, water and food coloring (and if you’re using essential oil)) into jar, secure the lid and shake well.
3. Very slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture, about a few drops at time, while whisking. If you’re not pouring slowly enough, the mixture will start to fizz and you don’t want that to happen.
4. Once all of the liquid has been poured into the dry mixture, mix very well until the color is consistent.
5. Immediately fill the molds with the mixture.
6. Firmly stuffing each side full.
7. Secure both parts of the mold together and let set. I always give it about a day, just to be on the safe side.
8. Carefully release bath bombs from molds and put into an airtight container, or individual cello bags.
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.