The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
My name is CourtneyLynne and I’m a sugar addict!!! It’s so bad for you, like ridiculously bad!!! But sugar is my weakness. Especially when it comes to candy. When I first started college back in the dinosaur age, I would literally eat candy as a meal. There weren’t adults around to tell me other wise so I went candy crazy!
I will admit, I’m not that bad these days. I do go a bit overboard on Fridays when it comes to sweets, but besides that, I have my sugar addiction under control. Yay me!!!!
Since I’m a functioning candy and sugar addict, I like to play around and make my own candy every now and then. It’s just so fun to see what you can Chef up yourself sometimes!!! Since my daughter is on a huge sucker kick, we thought it would be fun to make homemade suckers.
•1 cup sugar
•1/3 cup light corn syrup
•2 Tablespoons water
•1 teaspoon cherry flavoring
•sprinkles of any sort
•Non stick cooking spray
1. Spray a small amount of non stick cooking spray on a piece of paper towel and rub the cooking spray in the sucker molds.
2. Add about a 1/2 teaspoon of sprinkles to each mold with a lollipop stick.
3. In a heavy bottomed pot, combine your sugar, light corn syrup and water and mix well.
4. Bring your ingredients to a boil on medium heat stirring constantly with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula for about 7 minutes or until the temperature reaches 310° using a candy thermometer (caution this will be very hot).
5. Carefully (this will be very hot) pour your melted candy into your lollipop molds, let’s set for a few minutes and transferred to the freezer for another 10 minutes.
6. Carefully pop your suckers out.
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!