The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
It’s finally spring folks!!!!! The sun is finally back in NY which practically means it’s summer right?!?! Ahhhh I can only wish! The sun may be shinning, but the cold weather will be gracing us with it’s presence for a little bit longer unfortunately.
Since the sun is out all that has been on my mind is summer foods! I just live for bbqs and all the yummy sides!!! Salads are my favorite and I’ve been dying to make my Greek Quinoa Salad for awhile now!
You best believe the first sunny day we had over 40, I made hubby drag out the grill and chicken with a side of my favorite Greek Quinoa Salad were on our dinner menu! Enjoy!!!
• 1 cup quinoa
• 2 cups water
• green bell pepper 1 cup chopped
• red bell pepper 1 cup chopped
• 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
• 2 TBSP apple cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• a pinch salt and pepper to taste
• 2 TBSP fresh parsley
1.Rinse and drain your quinoa
2.Bring a medium saucepan to medium heat and lightly toast quinoa. This will remove excess water and adds a nutty flavor to the quinoa.
3.Add water to saucepan, set burner to high, and bring to a boil.
4.Once boiling, reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 12-15 minutes or until quinoa is fluffy and the liquid has absorbed.
5. While the quinoa is cooking chop and prep your veggies
6. Once quinoa is cooked give it a little fluff with a fork.
7. Before adding your veggies you can chill the quinoa in the fridge or simply let it cool on the countertop for a few minutes for a room temperature quinoa bowl. They are both delicious!
8. To make your super simple vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, salt, and pepper.
9. Pour over your quinoa bowl and toss.
10. Add any salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!