Ahhh finally another recipe to share! So my last recipe I planned to share with y’all, omg. It was something I have literally made 1,000 times in my life and when I went to make it for you? Total fail moment photography-wise. I had to think of a recipe to re-claim my wannabe chef status so I came up with Fig and Cardamom Scones! No possible way I could mess this up!
I will be honest, figs are usually not my thing! Actually, this is the only way you will ever see me eat one. In a scone! I don’t know what it is, but these scones make you forget that a fig is this really weird food and somehow turns it into total deliciousness! Enjoy!!
• 3 cups flour, spooned and leveled
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• ¼ teaspoon fresh ground cardamom
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 10 tablespoons butter, cube then freeze for 15 minutes
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3 tablespoons figs, chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Use a prepared cast iron skillet or other desired pan. If using a pan other than cast iron, grease and flour the pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cardamom, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Cut butter into the flour mixture, leaving chunks of butter.
5. In a separate bowl, beat together the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.
6. Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
7. Gently fold in figs.
8. Once mixed, take out of bowl.
9. Pour into pan or skillet, spread evenly, then bake for 22-25 minutes.
10. Allow to cool, cut into eighths.
11.Serve & enjoy!
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.