Thank you to PURENEW for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
I will admit, I love my makeup & I love my filters like every other basic girl in America! However, one thing I’m pretty proud of is the fact I get told I look like my Insta photos in real life all the time! For being in my 30’s I do have pretty fabulous skin, those Insta & Snap filters just make my skin look even more fab.
Good genes? Naw! I actually struggled with skin issues most of my 20’s! With a few tweaks to my skincare regime, I went from looking rough to radiant within a few short months.
Kick your own skincare routine into high gear with these simple Fabulous Glowing Skin TIPS to get flawless skin yourself just in time for all those holiday parties!
1. Supplements ~ Did you know your eating habits can affect your skin? Skincare isn’t just about the products we slather on our faces. In fact, what you injest can be just as important as the serums and creams you apply on your skin. A simple change in your daily habits, such as just one application of supplements a day, can bring visible change to your skin!
The biggest difference between health supplements and superficial skincare products is that they can fundamentally improve the root causes of skin problems, for the long run. That’s why supplements for fabulous, glowing skin can seriously be a game changer.
Have you tried PURENEW? If you’re new to PURENEW, let me fill you in on the tea! PURENEW is a beauty supplement made of premium ingredients all sourced from nature and are backed by clinical studies! Ingredients like Wild Red Sockeye Salmon Oil, BioSil® Hair Vital Advanced Formula, BioCell Collagen® HA, Multi-Antioxidants Comlex and Bioactive Collagen Peptides help to regenerate healthy skin, boost skin moisture and elasticity! Long story short, you will be treating your skin from within unlike all those topical creams and lotions sitting in your bathroom.
PURENEW is also manufactured in California in a cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) certified facility in accordance with the highest quality and control standards enforced by the FDA! You know you’re getting a quality product when buying PURENEW, so now worries about unsafe, untested ingredients.
If if you’re in you’re 30’s like this mama, PURENEW is a dream come true since PURENEW is filled with all the fabulousness we need for our skin to stay looking fab & fresh!
PURENEW products are designed for specific life stages to nourish the cells, increase physiological function and enhance the physique! So if you like what you’re reading make sure you buy the option for you’re age group!
• In your 40s and 50s, expression lines and dark spots on your face become more visible due to cumulative sun exposure and free radicals. Professional Skin Clear is advanced skin care aimed at reducing wrinkles and promoting clear skin in women age 35+.The ingredients nourish your skin from the inside out, regenerating healthy skin cells and increasingcollagen, boosting moisture and elasticity to reduce wrinkles, reducing formation of both visible and hidden age spots and brightening skin tone.
• Your 20s and 30s are the most critical time for optimizing your skin health – the way you care for it now will determine future skin quality. Essential Skin Clear is fundamental formulation for those age 20+ that rehydrates and promotes healthy, glowing skin, relieves clogged pores, and fights fine lines, dark spots and sensitive skin condition.
2. Clean Your Phone ~ I know, sounds silly! But if you’re spotting breakouts on your cheeks, they may be from those hour-long chats with your bestie. Your phone picks up a ridiculous amount of dirt and bacteria (from your hands, handbag, the kitchen counter), which can then get transferred to your face when you're gossiping away on the phone. Wipe that screen down really good with an anti-bacterial wipe to get rid of all those gross germs. Your skin will be thanking you.
3. Change Those Pillowcases ~ Not changing your pillowcases enough can also cause your skin to not look so hot. I know, you’re thinking I wash my face every night! Truth is your pillowcases carry dirt and sweat from your hair, hands, and build up from the products you use on your face at night, which can clog your pores. No one wants to wake up to blackheads, so it's a good idea to change those pillowcases frequently.
4. Get Some Shut Eye ~ The key to not looking tired? Not being tired! Duh! I know, easier said than done. All our heavy thinking seems to only happen once the sun goes down. Do whatever you can to get in seven to eight hours a night and your skin—including those pesky undereye bags, will look noticeably better. Trust me, sleep offers the kind of results that not even top of the line face creams can mimic.
5. Wear Sunscreen ~ This is one of those tips you hear over and over and don’t start to practice until it’s too late! Don’t be like me! I was a tanorexic in my 20’s & it’s taken me years to reverse all that damage!! Protecting yourself from sun damage NOW will make you feel better now AND later on. Wear at least SPF 15 every day (higher if you're spending time in strong sun) under your makeup to help prevent skin cancer, wrinkles and sunburn. Sunscreen actually makes for a decent skin primer! Try it!
6. Wash Your Makeup Brushes ~ This one is for you makeup junkies!!! Make sure to wash your makeup brushes with brush cleanser or baby shampoo frequently!! If you use makeup sponges, wash those regularly too. These tools can accumulate bacteria, which can lead to horrible breakouts, even rashes! Dirty brushes can make the most expensive skincare routines go to waste. I unfortunately learned this the hard way and had what appeared to be a rash on my face for weeks before realizing I was an idiot and needed to wash my brushes when everything else failed! Never again will I go more than a day or two without giving my brushes a quick rinse.
7. Get Hydrated ~ Every skin expert I have ever spoken to emphasized the importance of hydration. A lack of water means less radiance and more sag! Professionals claim 7-8 glasses of water a day will do the trick. I happened to purchase a gallon sized water bottle at a discount store and it sits on my desk daily. I may pee way more than I wish, but my skin is worth those extra bathroom runs! Drinking water will also make you feel full making you snack on those sugary treats less, which is also good for your skin! Say no to candy that can lead to breakouts by drinking that H2O.
8. Squeezing A Zit Will Never, EVER Make It Better, Faster ~ Translation: Stop touching your face. Your hands are covered in germs & bacteria. Just think about all the stuff you just touched in the last hour! If you’re touching an already-inflamed zit or rash, you’re only adding debris to the pimple and delaying its demise. Plus, popping a pimple doesn’t do your skin or the zit itself any good. Especially if it’s a swollen, large cyst without a whitehead on top, which will only get worse when you try to squeeze.
Do you have any skincare tips to share? I’m always looking for new skincare & beauty tips!!!
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.