The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
I finally did it folks! I jumped on the word of the year bandwagon & honestly, I think I like it. Every year I would hear of people picking a single word to live their lives by. As interesting as it sounded to pick a power word to live by, I had a life long word. That word?
Everything in my life, everything I touched had to be fabulous in some way. Long story short, since I had a life word I figured I didn't need a word of the year. My life was just ment to be fabulous!
I took the days surrounding New Years to reflect on the past year and set my business goals for 2017! While sipping on a Mimosa one late afternoon after brunch it hit me. My life really has become just that, fabulous! I used the word so much every single day that it's just part of my life now & how I live! My own friends and even hubby associate the word fabulous with me. I then started to think about about the long term affects of adding new word to my life? If my life became fabulous because of a single word just imagine what else my life could be with the use of other words. What new word to pick was the most puzzling part of all though!! How does one top fabulous?
Here we are two weeks into January and my new word finally came to me last night after a good meditation session!!! That word?!
My life is already fabulous so why not make it epic as well?!? The funniest thing is I recently started to use this word over the last few month without even realizing it! My new word was in front of me this whole time. It just took me a minute to realize it. I'm going to blame that as a blonde moment. Now it's time for me to embrace epic!
Now that I finally have and epic word ;-) I needed to map out just how I will be using this word throughout the year! Being an overachiever at things I can't just have a word without a full on map on how this word will be affecting my life. I am one who hates surprises.
1.Make Yourself Epic ~ It's not enough just call yourself epic, you must be epic yourself! This year I plan on being the most epic version of myself possible. I want people to remember me and my work as not only fabulous, but totally epic in all areas!! I know I set the bar kind of high on this one lol.... we will see what happens....
2. You Can't Do Epic Shit With Basic People ~ Last year hubby & I weeded out a ton of negative people from our life's. If you didn't bring us happiness and totally drained us, you got the ax! We both each even lost a supposed "bestie" because all they did was spew hate and negativity. Leaving us basically talking crap about them to each other after seeing them. Friends are supposed to lift you up, not bring you down! Plus talking crap, even if it's all fact only attracts more of that into your life so long story short, once we gave those peeps the ax and the initial shock was gone, our lives were filled with peace and love!!! This year will be a continuation of exactly that except we are moving on to career peeps. If you're a jealous hater, user, manipulator, shit talker, bye!! We are all about having the biggest most positive circle of world dominators ever at our sides. We just don't have room for those not on the epic train for everyone. There is room for all of us at the top and we plan on doing epic shit with those people, not the selfish basic peeps.
3. Travel,Explore, Live That Epic Life You're Supposed To Live ~ I am travel obsessed!!!! If you just met me in 2016, you would of never guessed my world traveler ways since our travels weren't exactly that extravagant. I gave every excuse possible on the lack of exploration. My child, my job, the fact I bought a new car.... the list goes on. But in reality all those things were exactly that, excuses for not following my passion. So this year it's back to living the epic life I was ment to live!!!! Follow along on instagram so you don't miss out on my families epic expeditions! This year will be filled with them!
4. Now Is The Time To Do Something Epic ~ Sometimes the most epic ideas just come to you and in order for it to be that epic you must execute that idea immediately! As I mentioned about I am a total planner!!! Most of the time that's a good thing, but there have been a few instances in my life where I missed out on the epicness because I didn't jump asap. So 2017 will be the year I learn to take the chances and the potential risk. You just never know, that risk you took could be the most epic thing you have done so far in your life!
5. Make Life Epic ~ One can take this in many directions, as for me?! I'm going to be making home life Epic in 2017! It's no secret that I can't stand where I live! WNY and I don't really mix well. For one who preaches positivity 24/7 on twitter, I really need to take my own advice on this one!!! Negative thoughts only attract more negativity so no wonder why I'm miserable here. I'm attracting this hatred into my own life. Since I'm in control of my thoughts & life, 2017 will be the year I make WNY life Epic! I know a few of you are laughing thinking how?!?! But just watch me! WNY might not be my beloved FL, but it will be one epic place to live when the year comes to an end. You will see!
6. Do Something Epic Everyday ~ Wheather it's publishing an epic article, playing with an epic makeup pallette, reading a totally epic book, cooking up one epic meal or even siping on the most epic bottle of bubbly of all times, I WILL be doing something epic daily! One cannot be Epic without constantly doing Epic things!
Do you have a word of the year?!? Or maybe a word you live by?!
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!