And just like that, another Ellicottville Summer Music Festival has come and gone! I swear this summer is flying by way too fast! Before you know it, the fabulous sunny weather will be replaced by, do I even want to say the word?! That fluffy cold white stuff that falls from the sky. Ughhh!!!!!! No bueno!!!
As usual, our besties over at the Ellicottville Travel buero invited us out to enjoy all the music festivities taking place during the Summer Music Festival.
Since I already have several reviews up on the blog from years past, I thought I would do something different this year. Give you my tips on how to get the most of if your Ellicottville Summer Music Festival experience!
1. Bring Your Own Booze! ~ That’s right, while you can buy your drinks on site if you don’t feel like lugging a cooler, you can bring your own drinks! I’m all about saving that coin when possible, so I always bring my own drinks!!! Not every often you can attend a music event and bring your own anything! Take advantage and save that $$$$$!
2. Dress In Layers ~ Trust me! You will be sweating all day. It is summer after all! But once that sun goes down, you will be freezing. You have to remember that this music festival takes place on a ski slope. It gets chilly at night regardless of the time of year. I suggest wearing a tank top or tee shirt and having a hoodie on hand when you start to get chilly!
3. Wear Old Shoes ~ I don’t know if it’s just our luck or what, but the last few years we have attended the Ellicottville Summer Music Festival, there are patches of mud! Save your fabulous kicks for another event and toss on a pair of sneakers/sandals/boots you won’t mind getting a tad bit dirty.
4. Do Not Purchase Kids Tickets ~ The first year we attended we had no clue about this, kids under 12 are FREE! That’s right, do not purchase your kiddos a separate ticket. I requested wayyyy too many tickets out first year because I assumed kids needed their own ticket! They can get in for free with a paid adult! Score!!!
5. Come Hungry ~ Ellicottville is Home to so many fabulous dining establishments. Ellicottville Brewing Company & Dina’s are two of my favs! I suggest checking out one of the local restaurants before heading to the show!
6. Show Early For “Good Seats” ~ If you didn’t purchase VIP, I would suggest showing up at least 30 minutes before showtime. Those lawn spots in front of the stage fill up pretty fast! Everyone wants that prime viewing location!
Do you enjoy music festivals & concerts in the park?!
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.