The world’s biggest bounce house is coming to Buffalo. AGAIN!!!! We had a blast last year at The Big Bounce America Buffalo and can’t wait to bounce the afternoon away this year as well!!!!
Big Bounce America will be in the Queen City on weekends from August 9-18. Plenty of dates so there is bound to be one that you can clear your calendar and head up and bounce!
The Big Bounce America is described as a “magical, candy-colored inflatable castle with 10,000 square feet of fun, games and laughter that can be enjoyed by all ages.”
In the middle of all the fun, there is a stage with a DJ/MC hosting games and competitions and playing the latest tunes!!! WooHoo!!!
Here are the times you can go check it out at Buffalo’s Outer Harbor (225 Fuhrmann Boulevard):
• Friday – Aug. 9, 16 – 1 to 5 p.m.
• Saturday – Aug. 10, 17 – 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Sunday – Aug. 11, 18 – 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Not in Buffalo? No biggie since Big Bounce America tour will roll into the following cities in 2019, so get ready for an event not to be missed:
Albany, Atlanta, Austin, Boca Raton, Boston, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis Nashville, New Orleans, Orlando, Philadelphia, Portland,
Providence, Riverside, Sacramento, San Diego,
San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Barbara, Santa Rosa, St. Louis, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Tucson, Washington D.C.
To spend the afternoon at The Big Bounce America attraction is $10-$25. Now that’s a killer deal if you ask me!!!
For more info click away here!
Anyone else a huge fan of “staycations”?!? With my hubby’s crazy work schedule, it can be tough to go off on a spontaneous vacation as a whole family. Thankfully, living in WNY, we are so close to so many fabulous travel destinations. My favorite? Niagara Falls! A few weeks ago we decided to head up to the falls and take my daughter on the Maid of the Mist. She had never been and we felt like she was finally old enough where she would remember her first experience.
When I spammed my Insta with Niagara Falls pics, I was shocked when I was flooded with questions. I swear everyone wanted details on the Maid of the Mist!! So today I’m doing exactly that! Giving you all the tips you can possibly need to make your trip on the Maid of the Mist as epic as possible!
1. Wear Sunglasses ~ yes, you are provided with a free poncho, but if you’re a girly girl like me and caked your makeup on for those insta-worthy pics, pack a pair of shades and toss them on when the boat takes off. I didn’t even need to touch my makeup up afterwards thanks to my handy dandy poncho and my shades!
2. Bring Your Camera ~ This was the one question I was asked over and over. Is it safe to bring your fancy camera? The answer is yes! While you do get wet, you do not get soaked. Mist is the key word here! Just tuck that camera under your poncho when you’re not using it and it will be fine!
3. Go On A Weekday ~ We headed up to the falls on a bright, sunny 85 degree summer day. It was a Monday and there were zero lines!!! I was pretty excited about this because in the past, I had waited quite a while to board. Apparently Monday’s are the day to head to the falls!
4. Wait To Put Poncho On ~ when you first board the boat, you will see everyone put their ponchos on in a hurry. I was one of those people. It gets really hot with that poncho on! I would wait until the boat is about to take off and then put it on. You will literally be standing around for about 5-10 minutes while people board feeling like you’re in a sauna on a hot summer day with that thing on!! Just wait!!!!
5. Top and Bottom Decks ~ There is a huge difference! If you’re like me and just wanting to get misted with water to cool off from all that walking you have been doing, head to the bottom deck. I didn’t really get that wet at all and like I mentioned above, didn’t have to fix my makeup! If you’re wanting to get wet, the top deck is for you. Depending on where you stand on the top deck, you can apparently get as soaked as you want. You won’t be finding me there that’s for sure lol.
6. Observation Deck ~ If you want the best insta pics you can possibly get on the American side of the falls, head to the observation deck! You will have the best views of the falls. I would suggest even doing this before you do the excursion if you want family pics in front of the falls. That way you don’t have to worry about anyone being wet afterwards. Everyone will be dry and photo ready!
Have you been on the Maid of the Mist?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of WW Cheese, manufactured by Schreiber Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
WooHoo for summer!!! Y’all know what that means right?!?! It's road trip season! All across the country, families are piling into their vehicles and hitting the open road.
Nothing makes our lil’ family happier than making memories while traveling the globe. The question on everyone’s mind is always how do we do it? Our friends know we aren’t exactly living in Bellaire, so how are normal, everyday folks always out exploring?
Lucky for you, I have several EPIC Road Trip Money Saving Hacks to share! You will be shocked to find out how much loot you could save by applying these hacks to your next family adventure! If you stretch your dollar now, there may be more road trips to take later!
The best way to save that cash when you’re hitting the road with your fam is to bring your own snacks. By planning and preparing snacks for your epic road trip, could not only save a ton of loot, but have access to better-for-you options, instead of going for typical fast food. Heading to your local Wegmans and loading up your cooler with yummy snacks such as WW Light String Cheese is such a simple task AND it will save you a ton of money, allowing for more epic road tripping adventures in the future.
WW Light String Cheese
Everybody has a different wellness journey, but we all love a good snack!!!! I just love heading to Wegmans and stocking up on WW Light String Cheese before our epic road trips. Not only is WW Light String Cheese an enjoyable option for someone like me focusing on weight loss and eating better, the rest of my family can chow down too since WW Light String Cheese is beyond delicious!!! With 50 calories, 1 SmartPoints® value per stick, 6g of protein and a mild, creamy taste, it’s a delicious and convenient snack for your journey!
Just head to the dairy/cheese aisle at your local Wegmans and toss a package into your cart! I’m sure you and your family will love these yummy cheese snacks, so we’ll help you share them with everybody!
While you’re at it, visit the Wegmans store locator to find one nearest you or visit the WW website here! It’s got great tips, tricks, recipes and more!
I know a ton of people avoid good-ole road trips because of gas prices! Depending on the size of your family, when you compare road trip to the price of flights, it’s the most frugal way to travel! Use these pointers and watch how much you save!!!
• Fuel prices are usually cheaper on weekdays. Try to avoid filling your tank on holidays or weekends.
• Do you have a card that offers rebates or travel rewards? I suggest you use that card to purchase your fuel. Some cards offer up to a 5% rebate. Purchase the gas with the card and pay off your card ASAP with the cash you had set aside for your epic road trip!
• Depending on weather conditions, you can also use cruise control to automate the amount of fuel your car uses!
• Make sure your tires are properly inflated before leaving for your epic road trip. Poorly inflated tires are less efficient.
Driving long distances can get pretty tiring. Then add antsy kids? Omg!!! Stopping for the night when driving from point A to point B is a must! When mapping out your epic road trip, check out the towns your navigation claims are your preferred driving distance for one day. Then compare hotel prices. Once you figure out the cheapesttown to stay in for the night, there are travel websites that allow you to pay an even lower rate for a hotel. These sites will tell you what star grade the hotels is, but not the name of the hotels themselves. If you’re boujee like me when it comes to accommodations, look for those 3 to 5-star hotels. You best believe I’m taking the gamble and letting the site pick my stay for the night for a super low rate! They tell me straight-up what star rating the hotel is!! No surprises there!!! It’s a win-win!
4. Find Free Things to Do
One of the best parts of an epic road trip is the luxury of stopping at all the must-see sites on your journey!!!! No matter where your epic road trip may take you, there should be a ton of free (or inexpensive!) activities. Simply search “free things to do in (city)” and your phone browser and you should find enough to get you started. Some free activities that we love seeking out are hikes, farmers markets, free live music, picnics, beaches, historical landmarks and exploring museums, just to name a few!
A little fact about me. All things musical & artsy put a huge smile on my face!!!! I can’t sing. I won’t even attempt unless I’m drunk at karaoke night. If you ever witness such a travesty, please take me home. Your girl can’t hang and that only means I’ve been hanging too long and my chaperone must be tipsy too lol..... however, I do love playing instruments (jam sessions!!) and I love to dance. I played flute and trumpet in school and I cheered and danced as well. So you best believe I’ve been obsessed with Cirque Du Soleil since I was I first discovered it in high school. At one point it was my goal in life to see them all. A girl can dream ;-)
When we spotted a Facebook ad stating Cirque Du Soleil Crystal was headed to Erie, you best believe we scooped up tickets. My daughter had a blast at Mystre in Las Vegas over Spring Break & Crystal looked just as entertaining and very family friendly!!! We just had to see it!!!
Cirque Du Soleil Crystal
is not just an ice show, it’s the very first experience on ice from . Watch world-class ice skaters and acrobats claim their new frozen playground with speed and fluidity as they challenge the laws of gravity with never-before-seen acrobatics. Discover a new kind of performance as meets the ice to defy all expectations.
Directed by Shana Carroll and Sebastien Soldevila, Crystal, our misfit heroine, takes you on an exhilarating tale of self-discovery as she dives into a world of her own imagination. Feel the adrenaline as she soars through this surreal world to become what she was always destined to be: confident, curious, and creative. CRYSTAL invites you to suspend reality and glide into a world that springs to colorful life with astounding visual projections and a soundtrack that seamlessly blends popular music with the signature sound of.
Cirque Du Soleil Crystal is definitely one fabulous show!! So much talent goes into the production of Cirque shows, that they are all enjoyable and very entertaining regardless of the plots!!!!
Since I’m brutally honest with you guys all the time, I thought I would be real. While this show is amazing to watch, I would not head to this particular show if music and theater aren’t your thing OR you are childless. I personally would love it if my hubby would take me to a show like this for date night, but I’m going to assume, most people would find this particular show a tad bit too family friendly. I don’t think this show was ment to be geared to the kiddos, but the whole show just gave me Stars on Ice and Disney on Ice vibes the whole time. Lots of talent. Cool plot! Just a tad bit on the kiddie side.
If you have kids, definitely take them. It will be all they talk about for weeks. If you love theater, go!!! You will enjoy the talent behind the production. If you are looking for some entertainment and you have watched several Vegas shows hoping for Vegas epicness in your hometown, I would wait for the next show to hit town! This show is nothing like those productions.
Have you been to a Cirque Du Soleil show?
Literally my new favorite spot on Chautauqua Lake! Harbor Hotel Carousel Bar! It’s so pretty!!! I just can’t get over how Insta-worthy this spot is. Definitely not the norm here in WNY that’s for sure. The best part?! Chautauqua Harbor Hotel Carousel Bar is just a few minutes away from my house. If I ever get bit by the wanderlust bug and I don’t have a fabulous trip planned for awhile, all I need to do is drive down the road and pretend I’m on vacation all I want!!!
A lakeside Carousel Bar, paying tribute to the grand carousels of yesteryear. The Carousel Bar promises a one-of-kind experience whether for lunch, dinner or sipping cocktails while taking in the spectacular sunsets for which Chautauqua Lake has become famous.
Carousel Bar Summer Hours (July 1-Labor Day weekend):
I thought this would be a fabulous spot to really give you the reasons why I love this spot so much!
1. Champagne Lakeside ~ I didn’t have to purchase a bottle and I wasn’t handed a mini-bottle to pour myself. Legit glasses by the glass!
2. Atmosphere ~ Just look at that view?!? I can just stare off into the lake for hours. I almost feel bad for those drinking with me. I daze off into those water views.
3. Food ~ You can dine at Harbor Hotel without paying for the 5 star dining experience inside. Enjoy pizzas(very flatbread like), wings, and other yummy smaller plates for half the cost of inside!
4. Fire Pits ~ When it starts to get dark, take your beverage fireside!!!
5. Insta-Worthy Photo Opts ~ Nothing better than snapping those pics and having your backdrop look inst-worthy!
6. Not Too Crowded ~ we have yet to experience large crowds, which is super nice. We were just there Friday and while yes, there are people everywhere, you can still snag a seat with ease!
7. Dock Your Boat ~ Have a boat?! Lucky you and we should totally be besties. I am lacking a boat bestie lol.... anyway, you can dock your boat for free and walk right in for a drink.
While this is legit my new summer spot, I will add that drink prices are high. This is a resort after all, so expect to pay resort prices for things like a beer. This is always the one drawback when I bring newbies. Totally worth the extra cost for the views alone if you ask me! Can’t wait for another chance to sip a cocktail at the Carousel Bar.
Do you have any local spots in your neck of the woods that make you feel like you’re on vacation?
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.