Hi y’all!!! I’m back! Did you miss me while I was chillen with Mickey?!? Sorry to go completely dark over here, but a break from routine was needed and honestly it was exactly what your girl needed! My mind is so rested now and I’m ready to pump out that bomb content you expect from me.
The first of many topics I plan to touch on in the next few weeks is Frontier Airlines! I posted a photo of my daughter on my insta stories and I got swarmed with questions! Basically the same question worded slightly different over and over.
That question?! What do I think of Frontier Airlines?!?!
Since my flight experience is so fresh in my mind, I figured I would start with telling you the pro’s and con’s! That way you can make a decision for yourself on whether you take Frontier on your next family vacation!
Price ~ I’m pretty sure the only reason anyone is drawn to Frontier Airlines is due to the price. They are so much cheaper than every other airline!!! My family of 3 flew to Las Vegas DURING SPRING BREAK for $300 + bags! Our trip to Disney over Labor Day?!? $375 + bags! You can’t beat these prices!!!
Luggage Cost ~ $38 a bag!!!! Most major airlines charge $25, so the luggage price is slightly higher. Honestly though, it’s not ridiculously high like other budget airlines, and even after adding it to your round trip ticket, this con isn’t that bad! Worst case scenario? Share a large suitcase since you get 50lbs!!!
No Carry-On ~ you can take one personal item with you and that is it!!! The personal item can be a small backpack. Think laptop backpacks and children’s backpacks, even purses. Basically anything that fits under the seat in front of you. Want to bring a carryon suitcase and place it in the overhead?’ That will cost you! Honestly, this con really does not affect many. Just choose if you’re checking or carrying your luggage. It’s going to cost you the same for that bag being placed on or under that plane!
No “Free” Drinks ~ While there are flight attendants that serve beverages, those beverages will cost you! That’s right! No “free” in flight soda! They need to cut corners somewhere and this is apparently one corner they cut! Annoying? Yes! But you can always bring a drink on the plane with your if you really need that in flight soda that bad.
Seat Assignments Cost You ~ want guaranteed seat assignments?!? Again, that will cost you! Honestly, this is something all airlines seem to be doing these days! Even American wants you to pay for those guaranteed seats! So annoying! I however have never once paid for a guaranteed seat since I’m always flying with a small child. I have always asked for seats together at the airport if I happen to get a separated seat assignment and they place me with my daughter.
Emergency Situations ~ Now this is what made me write this very post! While this is just an overall sucky situation, it’s something you need to consider when booking a flight on any budget airline! If your flight needs to be canceled for any reason! Say a hurricane named Dorian was headed your direction and your flight gets canceled?! You are straight out of luck! You either get a refund or a rescheduled flight when they happen to have an empty seat! You see, small airlines are not alliances with other airlines! Your flight on Delta gets canceled?! No big deal! They are partners with several other airlines and can possibly put you on another flight with a partner airline that day. Frontier however cannot do that. We had to take a refund and drive ourselves home since our flight was canceled due to weather and the next available flight was 4 days later. Unless we wanted to stay in a hotel for 4 more nights, we had zero choice but to drive a rental car home! While these situations are rare, they do happen and they are something you should think about when booking your vacation!
While my list of cons definitely outweighs the pro’s, you may be shocked to hear me say I would fly Frontier Airlines again! You just can’t beat the price and the con’s aren’t that bad! The worst is the emergency situations, but how often are you stuck in a hurricane in Orlando of all places?!?! That really doesn’t happen too often believe it or not. I lived in Orlando for 8 years! Orlando is where people evacuate to, not evacuate from! It was a rare situation that just sucked for everyone!
However, flying out of the country on Frontier?! I think I would pass on that since getting stranded over seas or even in the Caribbean?!? Ughh! That sounds like a nightmare! I will forever fly out of the country on airlines I know are partners with many!!!
Cheap airline tickets to Disney or Vegas?!? Sign me up! I will take the risk knowing I can eventually get myself home if an emergency were to happen.
I know what you are thinking!!!! Really Courtney? Sunflower field tips?! Yes really! I know last year I would have been rolling my eyes at such a topic! Then I went to my first sunflower field and boy was I not prepared. You best believe I wish I would have skimmed what I assumed would be a pointless post before going on my first sunflower adventure.
On Monday Haylie and I went back to our favorite Sunflower Field, Sunflowers of Sanford NY for the second year in a row. We were definitely prepared this time around and I will fill you in on what you need to know below :)
1. Bring Water ~ You will be doing a lot of walking! Even if you don’t feel like carrying a bottle of water around with you, have a bottle in the car for when you are finished. You will be doing more walking than you expect. You will thank yourself later that you brought that bottle of water along with you on your Sunflower adventure since it gets hot!!!
2. Shoes ~ I know you want to look insta fabulous for those sunflower photos, but wear an old pair of shoes or sandals. Old sneakers would be preferred since it is a muddy field, but if you’re like me, you want to look glam. Rock an old pair of sandals that you care less about, so when they get dirty, you could care less.
3. Weather ~ Check the weather. Last year we went on our sunflower adventure the day after it rained! Even though it was 85 degrees and sunny, the field was still a muddy mess! I so wish we would have waited a day or two for the field to dry up! Our feet were covered in mud by the time we left.
4. Bring Cash ~ If you plan on picking your own Sunflowers to bring home, plan on bringing some cash! I think it’s safe to assume most Sunflower fields are cash only! Thankfully this was something I assume about all farms so I was prepared, but a lot of other folks were disappointed to leave Sunflower-less.
5. Timing is Everything ~ Sunflowers topically have a lifespan of two weeks. That’s right, you have two weeks once those sunflower bloom to snag those insta shots! You want to stalk the sunflower farm near you to find out when the sunflowers are due to bloom and head on over ASAP. If you wait too long, you will end up like us last year with droopy sunflowers in the background.
6. Beware of Bumblebees ~ Sunflower fields are like Disneyland for bumblebees. They are everywhere. If you’re allergic to bumblebees, you might want to stay away, or at least wear some bug spray!
Have you been to a sunflower field?
Another fabulous Big Bounce America weekend has come and gone! We had so much fun at last years Big Bounce America event in Buffalo, that we had to go back again this year! We heard that there were so many new additions to the event that we just HAD to check them out!!!
Since we like to think of ourselves as pros at this point, I figured I would share a few tips since so many people keep asking me if the Junior Session is “safe” from crazy older kids? I figured I would give everyone some peace of mind here and tell you yes!!!! Your kiddos are safe and give you a few other fabulous tips you may need to enjoy your day at the Big Bounce America!!
1. Be Prepared To Run ~ while I feel like adults will have just as much fun as the kiddos, be prepared to run all over that bounce house! It wasn’t just my daughter bouncing off at lighting speed. Everywhere I would look I would see a parent racing after their kiddo. You don’t realize how fast your kids are until you look away for 2 seconds and they are off to another corner of the bounce house! So much fun, but you will literally lose 729202 calories from all that bouncing and chasing you will do! No need to work out for about a week now lol.
2. Pick A Meeting Spot ~ Just Incase you do lose your kiddo, before you start to even bounce, choose a meeting spot. If your kiddo loses you, they know where to head. We chose the DJ booth since it was smack in the middle. Easy to find and you can still have fun if you get separated bouncing to the tunes! Thankfully we did not have to use our meeting spot, but it did give me peace of mind knowing we had one just Incase the unthinkable happened!
3. Who Can Bounce?? ~ Any kids aged 7 & under and their parents/caretakers!!! No big kids allowed which is nice if you have little ones. Unfortunately this does mean if you are the mama to a few older kids and want to attend Big Bounce America as a family, you will need to attend the older kid sessions since older kids are not permitted.
4. What Goes On Inside The Bounce House? ~ Inside the bounce house they have inflatable activities such as basketball hoops, obstacle runs! They have inflatable chill out areas (big boats, oversized sofas, palm trees etc), inflatable animals and characters for you to grab a photo with, slides, ball pits and all manner of awesome entertainment!!! There is also an awesome DJ Spinning age appropriate tunes such as Frozen and Dora the Explore. So fun and nice since every kid trying to do these activities is under 7! You don't have to worry about too much since all the kids are pretty young! No fighting etc, just a bunch of little ones having fun.
5. Bring Water! ~ While yes, Big Bounce America does have a water stand with Dixi Cups, I would recommend bringing your own water. You will be crazy thirsty after all that bouncing and depending on how your event is set up, the water station may be far away. Our station was on the complete opposite end of the Main bounce house. Bring a water bottle! You will thank me later!!!
Have you been to the Big Bounce America?
And just like that, another Ellicottville Summer Music Festival has come and gone! I swear this summer is flying by way too fast! Before you know it, the fabulous sunny weather will be replaced by, do I even want to say the word?! That fluffy cold white stuff that falls from the sky. Ughhh!!!!!! No bueno!!!
As usual, our besties over at the Ellicottville Travel buero invited us out to enjoy all the music festivities taking place during the Summer Music Festival.
Since I already have several reviews up on the blog from years past, I thought I would do something different this year. Give you my tips on how to get the most of if your Ellicottville Summer Music Festival experience!
1. Bring Your Own Booze! ~ That’s right, while you can buy your drinks on site if you don’t feel like lugging a cooler, you can bring your own drinks! I’m all about saving that coin when possible, so I always bring my own drinks!!! Not every often you can attend a music event and bring your own anything! Take advantage and save that $$$$$!
2. Dress In Layers ~ Trust me! You will be sweating all day. It is summer after all! But once that sun goes down, you will be freezing. You have to remember that this music festival takes place on a ski slope. It gets chilly at night regardless of the time of year. I suggest wearing a tank top or tee shirt and having a hoodie on hand when you start to get chilly!
3. Wear Old Shoes ~ I don’t know if it’s just our luck or what, but the last few years we have attended the Ellicottville Summer Music Festival, there are patches of mud! Save your fabulous kicks for another event and toss on a pair of sneakers/sandals/boots you won’t mind getting a tad bit dirty.
4. Do Not Purchase Kids Tickets ~ The first year we attended we had no clue about this, kids under 12 are FREE! That’s right, do not purchase your kiddos a separate ticket. I requested wayyyy too many tickets out first year because I assumed kids needed their own ticket! They can get in for free with a paid adult! Score!!!
5. Come Hungry ~ Ellicottville is Home to so many fabulous dining establishments. Ellicottville Brewing Company & Dina’s are two of my favs! I suggest checking out one of the local restaurants before heading to the show!
6. Show Early For “Good Seats” ~ If you didn’t purchase VIP, I would suggest showing up at least 30 minutes before showtime. Those lawn spots in front of the stage fill up pretty fast! Everyone wants that prime viewing location!
Do you enjoy music festivals & concerts in the park?!
The world’s biggest bounce house is coming to Buffalo. AGAIN!!!! We had a blast last year at The Big Bounce America Buffalo and can’t wait to bounce the afternoon away this year as well!!!!
Big Bounce America will be in the Queen City on weekends from August 9-18. Plenty of dates so there is bound to be one that you can clear your calendar and head up and bounce!
The Big Bounce America is described as a “magical, candy-colored inflatable castle with 10,000 square feet of fun, games and laughter that can be enjoyed by all ages.”
In the middle of all the fun, there is a stage with a DJ/MC hosting games and competitions and playing the latest tunes!!! WooHoo!!!
Here are the times you can go check it out at Buffalo’s Outer Harbor (225 Fuhrmann Boulevard):
• Friday – Aug. 9, 16 – 1 to 5 p.m.
• Saturday – Aug. 10, 17 – 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• Sunday – Aug. 11, 18 – 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Not in Buffalo? No biggie since Big Bounce America tour will roll into the following cities in 2019, so get ready for an event not to be missed:
Albany, Atlanta, Austin, Boca Raton, Boston, Brooklyn, Buffalo, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Corpus Christi, Dallas, Denver, Des Moines, Detroit, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Miami, Minneapolis Nashville, New Orleans, Orlando, Philadelphia, Portland,
Providence, Riverside, Sacramento, San Diego,
San Francisco, San Jose, Santa Barbara, Santa Rosa, St. Louis, St. Petersburg, Tampa, Tucson, Washington D.C.
To spend the afternoon at The Big Bounce America attraction is $10-$25. Now that’s a killer deal if you ask me!!!
For more info click away here!
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.