The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service for free.
I don’t know about the weather in your neck of the woods, but here in WNY, it’s about to go from sunshine to blizzards shortly! I hate to go outdoors once those temperatures dip below 60 degrees, so once those temperatures drop, I’m all about that indoor entertainment. Just call me Hermit Courtney while I binge watch my favorite shows, stream the latest movies and watch my favorite YouTube stars kill it while avoiding that snow! So you best believe when I discovered Google Chromecast, I was quite intrigued.
What Is Google Chromecast?
Upgrade your TV for less!!! Google Chromecast is designed to make the most of the apps and entertainment already on your smart phone! That’s right! Those TV shows you binge, movies you’re dying to see, YouTube videos you were just alerted were uploaded and more? All just a tap away from all of your family’s devices!!!
All together now
Watch movies, shows, live TV, YouTube, and photos streaming on your TV from all your family's devices.¹
Stream from your phone to TV
Plug Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV and to power and stream your favorite entertainment right from your phone with just a tap. Watch shows, listen to playlists, and more. And while streaming, you can still use your phone as you normally do.
Works with the streaming apps you know and love
Enjoy TV shows, movies, videos, songs, games, sports and more from over 2000 apps like Netflix, YouTube, YouTube TV, and HBO NOW.
Start streaming with just your voice
Just say what you want to watch from compatible apps and control your TV hands-free, with Chromecast and Google Home working seamlessly together.
“Ok Google, play Stranger Things from Netflix on my living room TV.
Upgrade your TV for less
Expand your home entertainment without buying a new TV. It's so affordable you can get one for every TV in the house.
High-speed wireless connectivity
Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi connects to the Internet through your wireless home network (wireless router required and sold separately).
Compatible with your existing HDTV
Easily connects to high-definition televisions with HDMI connectivity.
Best part of all?!?! You can find Google Chromecast at Best Buy for only $35.00!
That’s right, ONLY $35!!!
Since most of us pay wayyy over $100.00 per month for cable or satellite TV, this is a fabulous way to save that cash! Just imagine all the goodies you can buy with THAT kind of savings each month!!!
Ahhhhhh LEGOLAND!!!!!! Literally one of my daughters favorite places!!! We always joke that when she grows up, she’s going to be an engineer due to her obsession with building things. So you best believe every time we are in the state of Florida, a trip to LEGOLAND is already scheduled and in the books!
Since my daughter seems to be a LEGO Connoisseur these days, I figured I would give y’all our tips on getting the most out of your trip to LEGOLAND Florida!
1. Make Your Trip 2+ Days!
If you are traveling during a warmer month, I would recommend making LEGOLAND a 2 day experience. LEGOLAND has an awesome water park, so our favorite way to do LEGOLAND is main park the first day, then the next day water park and whatever rides we may have ran out of time to check out on day one!
2. Check The Weather!
Florida can be sunshine one minute and rainy the next. Thankfully LEGOLAND has indoor activities! If you spot rain on your weather app at a certain time, I would plan your day around that burst of rain. Save all indoor activities for when the rain hits.
3. All You Can Eat!
On a budget?!? Have kids and a hubby that are bottomless pits?!? You will definitely want to take advantage of Fun Town Pizza & Pasta Buffet! All you can eat pizza, pasta and drinks for one low price!!!! Our favorite way to dine while roaming LEGOLAND Florida!
4. LEGOLAND Beach Retreat
This is another budget tip!! When people spotted our LEGO house on social media our last stay, people assumed we were total ballers! Figured a LEGO house must cost a small fortune! While our stay was hosted by LEGOLAND, the actual price per night was CHEAPER than the LEGOLAND Resort Hotel. If you want to be Boujee and you’re on a budget, check out the LEGOLAND Beach Retreat!
5. Impatient Kids? Skip The Line Pass!
That’s right! For rides like the LEGO Race Coaster, you can purchase a skip the line pass for a small fee! We actually didn’t know about this until our most recent trip. Total game changer now that I know about it!
6. LEGOLAND Awesome for Special Needs!
As a special needs parent, I’m always looking at how places handle working with special needs children. LEGOLAND is AWESOME and offer an Assisted Access Pass!
As a special needs mama, I can tell you that this really is a game changer when going to parks! LEGOLAND is one of the better parks I’ve been to with my daughter. Way better than the others in the C entral Florida area ;-) So if you can only choose one park, go to LEGOLAND so your kid can fully enjoy it!
Have You Been To LEGOLAND?
Disclosure: The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service for free. The opinions are all 100% my own.
I’m always the girl in my group of friends looking at the newest electronics on the market. Being a blogger who works out of the home, I want my home office as high tech as possible. Some people love shopping for jewelry, I like having the newest and fastest computers & phones I can find!!! Birthdays & holidays, I will crack a bigger smile at unwrapped gadgets than a gold ring I will probably never have a chance to wear #momlife.
Personally, I love heading to Best Buy for all my electronic needs. While I’m an online shopper 99% of the time, I like to play with my laptops and phones before I buy them and Best Buy usually has one fabulous arrangement of computers on display to play with before you buy! Plus, they always seem to have the best deals around town.
With school just around the corner. What? A week away for you southern folks and a month for those of us in NY?!?! There are some great laptops available at Best Buy right now. Laptops are sometimes a must-have item for students, so having a nice one when the school year starts is something you might be considering for your child.
HP Envy x360 laptops
When shopping for a new laptop, I try to purchase something brand spanking new, or at least something that came out within the last 6 months. I want something that will last awhile and a laptop that can be updated to the latest software updates. Right now Best Buy has an HP Envy laptop that is beyond amazing!!!
HP Envy x360 laptops are 2-in-1 devices that can transfer from a laptop to a tablet in seconds. No need to buy two devices when you get two in one!!! WooHoo!!! These touch-screen laptops come with Windows Ink capabilities and a Windows operating system so you can write on the screen with your stylus. AMD processors make them fast and thin so you can take them with you anywhere you go!
Windows 10 operating system
Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. Learn more ›
Built for Windows Ink
Quickly jot down notes and ideas with ease.
Full HD touch screen
The 1920 x 1080 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity. Natural finger-touch navigation makes the most of Windows 10. IPS technology for wide viewing angles. Energy-efficient WLED backlight.
8GB system memory for advanced multitasking
Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.
360° flip-and-fold design
Offers versatile functionality with laptop, audience, tabletop, presentation and tablet modes.
Shop at Best Buy and save $100 now until 7/28!
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service for free.
My husband & I’s favorite season just happens to be patio season!!! We just love spending time with the family in the good ole backyard. We only get a few warm months before the snow returns so we must soak as much of that Vitamin D in as possible.
Unfortunately, all of our favorite tv shows don’t press pause just because we want that family patio time. It can be a challenge deciding if our favorite flicks or the patio wins.
Thankfully, thanks to a all-weather SunBriteTV, we can say peace out to that stressful decision! No more choosing between enjoying great weather or watching the game thanks to the outdoor living trend and all-weather TVs enhancing our outdoor lifestyle.
SunBriteTV Veranda Series
Indoor TVs just don’t belong outside! SunBriteTVs are durable and engineered for permanent outdoor installation. They are more durable, safer, and have higher performance than using indoor TVs outdoors. SunBriteTVs are true, made-for-the-outdoors products. It’s all about bringing the conveniences folks are used to indoors outside!
They are safe for use in temperatures ranging from -24°F up to 104°F. That’s right, not just folks in the south get the luxury of enjoying a SunBriteTV, us here in WNY can enjoy them too!
The SunBriteTV Veranda Series is a family of weatherproof televisions designed for full-shade locations such as installation on covered decks, screened in patios, or garages. Depending on the location of your SunBriteTV, you will want to choose the model for that exact location.
Full Shade (Veranda), Partial Sun (Signature), and Full Sun (Pro).
Limited Time Offer
Still on the search for that Perfect Fathers Day Gift? Why not give dad the ultimate outdoor party season gift since BestBuy has one killer offer on the SunBriteTV Veranda Series. Creating an outdoor home theater is the most affordable room addition you can make, and the best seat in the house is in your backyard!
For a limited time you can get a FREE Outdoor Weatherproof Tilt Mount with the purchase of a 55″ SunBriteTV Veranda Series 4K Ultra HD TV at BestBuy. Get the complete offer details here.
If you think spring cleaning isn’t that exciting, you’re wrong! I think it’s because everyone gets nervous or overwhelmed when it comes to cleaning. The good news is that with this spring cleaning checklist I’m going to help you with, you can clean out all the dirt of winter and get ready for a new fresh start into summer before you start losing your marbles. If you’re looking just to tackle your bedroom, organize your closet, treat the deck, spring clean your kids bedroom or even tackle that overloaded kitchen, this check list is pretty basic enough to help you with a good start to your long laundry list.
What You Need To Get Started
1. Start Small - Think of one area in the house you want to get done first and don’t start anything else until you are finished with it. It doesn’t have to be that day, this could happen over multiple weekends if that’s what it takes to get it complete. Hey, you only need to do this twice a year so make sure it’s a job well done right!
2. Ask For Help- If you live with a spouse, or kids or heck even a roomate, make sure that you are able to get advice or even assign jobs to those that can assist you. This helps it go a lot smoother and efficient if everyone is willing to pitch in! WINNING
3. Gather Cleaning Supplies - Make sure you always have a good playlist when it comes to cleaning. This keep your motivation going when you’re really not wanting to get the job done. Also, make sure you have some easy prepared meals for those that are helping you out. This helps keep everything moving so you don’t have to take a break in the middle of cleaning to prepare for the meal. Another thing that helped was picking up a label maker and markets. This helps label everything that you have for trash or keeping.
4. Cleaning The Areas- After you have your area chosen, make sure to clean it out completely. This means that you remove everything from the floors, take items off the shelves and create a clean workspace for you and whomever is helping. Seperate all your items in various garbage bags, donation boxes, storage boxes and keep boxes. Put the garbage bags in the trash cans, donation boxes in the car and have someone drive them to a donation center right away to get rid of them! Don’t forget a receipt so you can write them off for taxes! If you’re working with a bedroom, make sure to remove the linens. This includes your curtains, tablecloths, bedding and other things you might have. Start by washing them so you can replace them when the rest of the room is finished. Also, dust! Dust everything from the ceiling to the baseboards. I also wash windows with a glass cleaner and if possible, remove I remove the window screen and hose those off as well. One of chores I give my kids is to polish the wood furniture and clean the countertops in the kitchen because it doesn’t take much work. Our countertops are from one our favorite companies, Premier Surfaces located in Buffalo, New York! They offer great customer service, a variety of various items like limestone, wood or granite and always carry easy installment payments.
5. Organize Your Items- Once you have everything ready to go, purchase bins, basekts, hangers and anything else you need to store the items! Keep your boxes and go through them. Clean anything that needs to be cleaned and discard what you don’t want. PUt all the bins, baskets and hangers away. You can’t put things into drawer or shelves because you’ll forget! If you need to store on the floor, set that aside until the floors are cleaned!
6. Finishing - The last few things you can do in each room is replace the linens that are freshly washed, vacuum the carpets, sweep the floors and give the proper floor treatments to the various floors you are working with. Also, make sure to put away any items that are still out and plug in or spray an air freshener in the room to give it that nice clean spring smell!
Celebrate friends! You were able to get everything done and it didn’t even take that long! Now enjoy your hard work with a freshly clean home...at least for the next 10 minutes!
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.