O my yum!!!! Who doesn’t love Mac & Cheese! Literally the only food EVERYONE in my household agrees is the freaking bomb! One of my favorite side dishes when we dine out is Mac & cheese. Whenever I would make it at home though, ughhh. Boxed Mac & cheese is so bland and when I would try all the Pinterest recipes? I would end up with a sticky mess.
This Creamy Cheesy Mac & Cheese is literally a CourtneyLynne original folks. With so many trial and errors, I finally nailed my very own recipe about a year ago. Do I dare say this is better than my beloved Panera?!? Well, it actually is my friends!!!! Enjoy!!
• 8oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
• 8oz Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
• 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Elbow Macaroni
• 5 Tablespoons Butter
• 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
• 2 Cups Whole Milk
• 1 Teaspoon Salt
• 1 Teaspoon Pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large skillet, melt 3 Tablespoons of butter.
Add the flour and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned
Add the milk and whisk.
Add the salt and pepper and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble.
Slowly stir in both cheeses (save a little cheese to sprinkle later) and the last 2 Tablespoons of butter and whisk until smooth and melted.
Add the noodles once the cheeses have melted and mix well.
Pour into a baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve & Enjoy!
Ahhh finally another recipe to share! So my last recipe I planned to share with y’all, omg. It was something I have literally made 1,000 times in my life and when I went to make it for you? Total fail moment photography-wise. I had to think of a recipe to re-claim my wannabe chef status so I came up with Fig and Cardamom Scones! No possible way I could mess this up!
I will be honest, figs are usually not my thing! Actually, this is the only way you will ever see me eat one. In a scone! I don’t know what it is, but these scones make you forget that a fig is this really weird food and somehow turns it into total deliciousness! Enjoy!!
• 3 cups flour, spooned and leveled
• ½ cup granulated sugar
• ¼ teaspoon fresh ground cardamom
• ¾ teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• 10 tablespoons butter, cube then freeze for 15 minutes
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 2 large eggs, room temperature
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 3 tablespoons figs, chopped into small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Use a prepared cast iron skillet or other desired pan. If using a pan other than cast iron, grease and flour the pan.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cardamom, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
4. Cut butter into the flour mixture, leaving chunks of butter.
5. In a separate bowl, beat together the buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.
6. Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture, and stir until just combined.
7. Gently fold in figs.
8. Once mixed, take out of bowl.
9. Pour into pan or skillet, spread evenly, then bake for 22-25 minutes.
10. Allow to cool, cut into eighths.
11.Serve & enjoy!
Howdy y’all!! Did you miss me?!? I took a tiny blogging break last week to spend the holiday week with the family. We usually do something epic for the 4th since hubby gets the whole week off from work. He has off of work, I plan my online break that exact week and bam! Family time! Unfortunately, our fabulous vacation to Punta Cana sorta got canceled since we were too chicken to go. I didn’t want to be the next article in the news. So an end of summer Disney Food & Wine trip and Turks & Caicos in October will take it’s place and a week of relaxation it was during the 4th.
The best part about taking a break from the internet is when I return, I’m so excited to be back that I go insane pumping out bomb content for y’all!!! My first recipe to kick off my “I’m back” week? Crab Salad Avocado Halves! Enjoy!
• 2 large avocados
• 8 ounces crab meat (imitation or otherwise)
• Juice from half a lemon
• ¼ cup mayonnaise
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon white pepper
• ¼ teaspoon paprika (additional to sprinkle as garnish)
• Cilantro, to garnish
Makes (4) avocado halves with 1/3 cup shrimp salad in each.
1. Halve avocados and remove the pit.
2. Combine remaining ingredients, except garnish, in a bowl and mix together.
3. Scoop 1/3 cup mixture into each avocado halve.
4. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and cilantro.
5. Serve & Enjoy.
Another day, another side dish for grilling season!!! One of my hubby’s favorite side dishes happens to be coleslaw. He orders it everywhere we go! One of my favorite restaurants happens to be Chick-Fil-a, so I decided to make him Copycat Chick-fil-A Coleslaw! Safe to say he was a huge fan since there wasn’t a drop left in the bowl after dinner!!! Enjoy!!!
4 teaspoons vinegar
¼ cup sugar
¼ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup mayonnaise
2 10- oz bags finely shredded cabbage chopped
Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard and salt together.
Mix to combine.
Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve.
Another warm day here in WNY means another day of grilling and making awesome salads for a side dish!!! Pasta salad is a favorite of ours. Hubby got the genius idea to start buying other flavored dressings besides Italian to use as a base and omg!!! So much yumminess!!
My latest obsession has been using Balsamic in my pasta salads. Literally my favorite side dish at the moment. I swear everyone in my household is going to get sick of it because I just keep making more and more. It’s just THAT good!!! Enjoy!!
•12oz Box Cooked Noodles
•8oz Block Cheddar Cheese
•1cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
•8oz Pepperoni Stick
•16oz Bottle Balsamic Dressing
1. Slice your pepperoni stick & block of cheese into bite sized pieces.
2. Take a large bowl and pour in your cooked noodles.
3. Toss in your bite sized cheddar cheese, pepperoni pieces & Parmesan cheese.
4. Pour in the entire bottle of balsamic dressing.
5. Mix well.
6. serve & enjoy!
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.