Happy first day of Fall y’all! That means it’s Halloween right?!?! I know most people don’t start getting festive until October 1st, but I just get so many ideas that I neeeeeeeed to start ridiculously early! There is just nit enough time to do them all!!!! I figure if it’s fall, it’s Halloween and no one can come after me telling me no lol.
When Haylie got off the bus this afternoon from school, she was starving as usual. She was asking for an actual meal and not her usual snack, so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to make a few Spider Sandwiches with her! PB&J is always a hit, so I figured that’s exactly what she would be getting and we would share later. Enjoy!
• Peanut Butter
• Chocolate Chips
• Pretzel Sticks
• Round Cup or Cookie Cutter
Spread the peanut butter and jelly onto the bread.
Use your cup or cookie cutter to cut out a circle.
Stick two chocolate chips on the sandwich using peanut butter as “glue”, Then stock 4 pretzel stocks into the sandwich on each side to make spider legs.
Serve & Enjoy!
The first day of fall is just days away, so it’s safe to start posting Halloween content right?!?! I don’t know why, but my daughter was so proud of herself for making these easy peasy Halloween Eyeball Donuts! She is my mini chef that whips things up all the time, but these donuts? I’m not sure what it was, but you would have thought she created the world’s greatest masterpiece. She was so proud!
Since these Halloween Eyeball Donuts are Haylie’s current favorite creation, I figured I would kick of the Halloween season with this tutorial! Enjoy!!!
• Wilton Candy Eyes
All you do is use the frosting as glue and stick the candy eyes all over the donuts!!! My daughter couldn’t get enough of this! I wish we had more eyes so she could have eyeballed the whole bag of donuts!
Do you cook with your kids!!?
Can you believe it!?!?! The first day of school is less than two weeks away?!!! Where did summer go?!? I swear it flew by wayyy too fast this year! I still have more than half of my summer bucket list to complete lol. #fail
Since I will have a second grader this year who is convinced she is now a big girl AND we happen to live right around the corner from the elementary school, Haylie has been begging to roll into the first day of school in style! No more traditional walk into the classroom, she wants to roll in on a scooter. And not just any scooter, the new Hover-1 Journey Electric Scooter from Best Buy!
Hover-1 Journey Electric Scooter
I know most of you have already heard all about the Hover-1 Journey Electric Scooter since it’s all kids seem to talk about these days!!! They all just NEED to have one!!! But since I do know there are probably a few of you out there in the interwebs that aren’t exactly sure what your kids are rambling on about, I’ve got all the details and then some!
The Hover-1 Journey Electric Scooter is really like no other!!! With a weight capacity of 220 lbs, that ensures safe riding. A chic foldable design that offers a convenient, stylish, and exciting form of transportation to and from school, it’s really not that hard to see why all of our kids are obsessed!!!
I know the one thing on all of your minds, how safe if this thing? Let me start out by mentioning that the Hover-1 Journey Electric Scooter has electronic AND foot brakes which help the scooter come to a complete stop SAFETY!!! WooHoo!!!! It also reaches speeds up to 14 mph & and it tackles hills at angles of up to 15 degrees effortlessly, so you can ride anytime, anywhere!!
Now when it come to charging, it’s a breeze! The scooter also has a 36V UL certified battery pack which is ridiculously simple to charge with the provided easy-to-use charger!!! It also has a range of 16 miles before it even needs a charge, so you won’t have to worry about your kiddo getting stuck somewhere without a charge!
Where To Buy?
I know, at this point y’all want to know where you can scoop one of these babies up while doing that last minute school supplies shopping. Best Buy is where you will want to head! Love that it’s THAT easy to find these scooters since Best Buy’s are literally EVERYWHERE!
No time to hit up a store? Just click away here and order your kiddo the IT item of the 2019 school year! You will definitely win the best mom/dad of the year award!
Another fabulous Big Bounce America weekend has come and gone! We had so much fun at last years Big Bounce America event in Buffalo, that we had to go back again this year! We heard that there were so many new additions to the event that we just HAD to check them out!!!
Since we like to think of ourselves as pros at this point, I figured I would share a few tips since so many people keep asking me if the Junior Session is “safe” from crazy older kids? I figured I would give everyone some peace of mind here and tell you yes!!!! Your kiddos are safe and give you a few other fabulous tips you may need to enjoy your day at the Big Bounce America!!
1. Be Prepared To Run ~ while I feel like adults will have just as much fun as the kiddos, be prepared to run all over that bounce house! It wasn’t just my daughter bouncing off at lighting speed. Everywhere I would look I would see a parent racing after their kiddo. You don’t realize how fast your kids are until you look away for 2 seconds and they are off to another corner of the bounce house! So much fun, but you will literally lose 729202 calories from all that bouncing and chasing you will do! No need to work out for about a week now lol.
2. Pick A Meeting Spot ~ Just Incase you do lose your kiddo, before you start to even bounce, choose a meeting spot. If your kiddo loses you, they know where to head. We chose the DJ booth since it was smack in the middle. Easy to find and you can still have fun if you get separated bouncing to the tunes! Thankfully we did not have to use our meeting spot, but it did give me peace of mind knowing we had one just Incase the unthinkable happened!
3. Who Can Bounce?? ~ Any kids aged 7 & under and their parents/caretakers!!! No big kids allowed which is nice if you have little ones. Unfortunately this does mean if you are the mama to a few older kids and want to attend Big Bounce America as a family, you will need to attend the older kid sessions since older kids are not permitted.
4. What Goes On Inside The Bounce House? ~ Inside the bounce house they have inflatable activities such as basketball hoops, obstacle runs! They have inflatable chill out areas (big boats, oversized sofas, palm trees etc), inflatable animals and characters for you to grab a photo with, slides, ball pits and all manner of awesome entertainment!!! There is also an awesome DJ Spinning age appropriate tunes such as Frozen and Dora the Explore. So fun and nice since every kid trying to do these activities is under 7! You don't have to worry about too much since all the kids are pretty young! No fighting etc, just a bunch of little ones having fun.
5. Bring Water! ~ While yes, Big Bounce America does have a water stand with Dixi Cups, I would recommend bringing your own water. You will be crazy thirsty after all that bouncing and depending on how your event is set up, the water station may be far away. Our station was on the complete opposite end of the Main bounce house. Bring a water bottle! You will thank me later!!!
Have you been to the Big Bounce America?
How many of you live in a small town without those fabulous chain donut places that make all the crazy donuts!!!!???? If you’re like me, you get jealous everyday when you scroll insta and see all those crazy yet today delicious treats!
When I spotted cookie monster donuts a few months back, I was like omg!! I can do that at home and you best believe I did!!! They came out just as cute as the chain places if you ask me! Enjoy!!
• Plain Donuts
• Blue Frosting
• Large Candy Eyes
• Bite Sized Chocolate Chip Cookies
Take a plain donut and frost it with the blue frosting.
Place two candy eyes on the donut.
Stick a bite sized chocolate chip cookie onto the donut.
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.