Another fabulous Big Bounce America weekend has come and gone! We had so much fun at last years Big Bounce America event in Buffalo, that we had to go back again this year! We heard that there were so many new additions to the event that we just HAD to check them out!!!
Since we like to think of ourselves as pros at this point, I figured I would share a few tips since so many people keep asking me if the Junior Session is “safe” from crazy older kids? I figured I would give everyone some peace of mind here and tell you yes!!!! Your kiddos are safe and give you a few other fabulous tips you may need to enjoy your day at the Big Bounce America!!
1. Be Prepared To Run ~ while I feel like adults will have just as much fun as the kiddos, be prepared to run all over that bounce house! It wasn’t just my daughter bouncing off at lighting speed. Everywhere I would look I would see a parent racing after their kiddo. You don’t realize how fast your kids are until you look away for 2 seconds and they are off to another corner of the bounce house! So much fun, but you will literally lose 729202 calories from all that bouncing and chasing you will do! No need to work out for about a week now lol.
2. Pick A Meeting Spot ~ Just Incase you do lose your kiddo, before you start to even bounce, choose a meeting spot. If your kiddo loses you, they know where to head. We chose the DJ booth since it was smack in the middle. Easy to find and you can still have fun if you get separated bouncing to the tunes! Thankfully we did not have to use our meeting spot, but it did give me peace of mind knowing we had one just Incase the unthinkable happened!
3. Who Can Bounce?? ~ Any kids aged 7 & under and their parents/caretakers!!! No big kids allowed which is nice if you have little ones. Unfortunately this does mean if you are the mama to a few older kids and want to attend Big Bounce America as a family, you will need to attend the older kid sessions since older kids are not permitted.
4. What Goes On Inside The Bounce House? ~ Inside the bounce house they have inflatable activities such as basketball hoops, obstacle runs! They have inflatable chill out areas (big boats, oversized sofas, palm trees etc), inflatable animals and characters for you to grab a photo with, slides, ball pits and all manner of awesome entertainment!!! There is also an awesome DJ Spinning age appropriate tunes such as Frozen and Dora the Explore. So fun and nice since every kid trying to do these activities is under 7! You don't have to worry about too much since all the kids are pretty young! No fighting etc, just a bunch of little ones having fun.
5. Bring Water! ~ While yes, Big Bounce America does have a water stand with Dixi Cups, I would recommend bringing your own water. You will be crazy thirsty after all that bouncing and depending on how your event is set up, the water station may be far away. Our station was on the complete opposite end of the Main bounce house. Bring a water bottle! You will thank me later!!!
Have you been to the Big Bounce America?
How many of you live in a small town without those fabulous chain donut places that make all the crazy donuts!!!!???? If you’re like me, you get jealous everyday when you scroll insta and see all those crazy yet today delicious treats!
When I spotted cookie monster donuts a few months back, I was like omg!! I can do that at home and you best believe I did!!! They came out just as cute as the chain places if you ask me! Enjoy!!
• Plain Donuts
• Blue Frosting
• Large Candy Eyes
• Bite Sized Chocolate Chip Cookies
Take a plain donut and frost it with the blue frosting.
Place two candy eyes on the donut.
Stick a bite sized chocolate chip cookie onto the donut.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine.
Teaching little ones how to start a new after school routine can be one difficult task! If your child is anything like mine, they flourish so well with routines that it can be rather tough to switch things up when the time comes. All you autism, ADD, ADHD mamas definitely know what I’m talking about here! Our kids tend to be stuck in their own ways!
A new school year means new academic goals and a new after-school routine that needs to take place! If your kiddos struggle when it comes to learning a new routine or if time management in general is just not their thing, I have the greatest routine hack of all. Back to School Routine Clock!
All you need to do is sit down with your child and write up an after-school schedule on a blank piece of paper that works for the both of you. My child is still on the younger side, so we include a lot of play into her after-school routine since homework usually doesn’t take too long. When she gets older, that playtime can eventually be swapped for more homework and study time! Then take a cheap wall clock. Have mom or dad take it apart in small pieces and color code the face to match your child’s new after school routine. You can even let you child color away and make their own special Back to School Routine Clock! Make a really big deal out of the clock so they are eager to start using their newest creation. Then put the clock back together & hang it somewhere your child will look often so they follow it daily! I like to place my daughter’s routine clock in the living room since it’s in the center of our home!
Regardless of where our kids are when it comes to routine, I think we can all agree on what activity takes that number one spot on the routine clock, snack time! I swear I can pack the whole kitchen in my daughter’s lunch box just for her to come home starving to death and acting like she hasn’t eaten a thing in days. She’s also the world’s pickiest eater, like most high functioning autistic kiddos. I swear they hate everything, but their beloved chicken nuggets. So that’s why Tyson® Chicken Nuggets are the most convenient and affordable option for all our back to school/back to routine mealtime needs! A whole 2lb bag will literally last my kiddo forever and the price does not hurt the wallet! You can even prep for success and prep these snacks ahead of time in a food storage container to save more time after school. Score!!
I guarantee these protein-packed snacks with crave-worthy flavor will give your kiddo the full belly they need to conquer that after-school routine and hold them over until dinner time. No more “Mom I’m hungry” cries thanks to Tyson! The best part of all? All you Tyson favorites such as Tyson® Any’tizers® Chicken Fries, Tyson Chicken Nuggets, & Tyson® Chicken Strips come from chickens raised with no antibiotics ever!!! I know that gives this mama some peace of mind when it comes to snack time that’s for sure
You can easily find all your Tyson favorites at your local Price Rite Super Market! When you hit up Price Rite Supermarket to do your weekly grocery shopping, just head on over to the freezer section and toss a bag or two into your cart. Your kids will love you for buying them the best after-school snack ever!!!! Heck, you will even love yourself once snack time comes since who doesn’t enjoy stealing a nugget or two from their kids when they aren’t looking?
Does your child have an After-School Routine?
I swear I can’t think about summer without reminiscing past Sesame Place trips!!! I lived in Philly for about a year when I was I kindergarten so Sesame Place was literally my playground. Then you best believe I started to take my daughter once she was old enough to enjoy the park!!! We always have so much fun hanging with Elmo and his pals!!!!
Since a trip down to Philly to chill with Elmo doesn’t look like it will be happening this year. We will be hitting up Disney instead, my daughter and I figured we would make Elmo donuts while thinking about past fun times!!! Enjoy!!!
• Plain Donuts
• Red Frosting
• Large Wilton Candy Eyes (Walmart)
• Butterscotch Candies
Take your plain donut and frost it with red frosting. Don’t worry if you cover the hole. That is where you will place your butterscotch candy later.
Take two large candy eyes and place them on your donut. Then take a butterscotch candy and place it where the donut hole is located to create Elmo’s nose.
Serve & enjoy!!
Just a few more weeks until the 4th of July!!!! Of course Haylie and I had to start getting festive with the Red, White & Blue Crafts!!! Dot painting has always been a favorite activity of Haylie’s. Best way to use my spare corks!!!! So we decided to make American Flags!!! So easy to make!! And totally cute and festive. Enjoy.
• Red Paint
• Blue Paint
• White Paper
• White Sticky Side Foam Stars (Walmart)
• Wine Corks
1. Pour the red and blue paint out onto a plate/palette.
2. Dip one wine cork into the blue paint and create a blue square in the upper right corner.
3. Dip the other wine cork into the red paint and create red flag stripes.
4. Let the flag painting dry for several minutes and then take the sticky stars and stick them to the blue section of the flag.
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.