Can you believe it!!! We are half way through October!!!! Which means Turkey Day is not that far away! I don’t know about you, but we tend to over cook on Thanksgiving and end up with leftovers galore. Our eyes are ALWAYS bigger than our stomachs. I also don’t know why we feel the need to make every single side dish known to man. No reason to have 628 different side dishes, but we do it every year thinking this year will be different. We will actually eat ALL the food. We never come close!
Since we will be chillen at the Cowboys/Indians game this Thanksgiving hopefully celebrating a Cowboys win, we had a yummy Turkey dinner not to long ago and had plenty of leftovers to play with. One of my yummy left over creations just happened to be an Instant Pot Turkey Noodle Soup. Enjoy!
• 2 cups cooked turkey breast, chopped
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• ½ white onion, chopped
• 3 celery stalks, chopped
• 12 ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
• 1 cup macaroni noodles
• 4 cups chicken broth
• 1 tablespoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon ground pepper
1.Turn Instant Pot on to saute mode and add the butter, onion and garlic to the inner pot. Cook while stirring for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add your veggies.
3. Add your turkey.
4. Add your noodles.
5. Pour in your broth.
6. Add those spices. Close the instant pot lid and turn pressure valve to seal. Cook on manual
high pressure for 12 minutes. Allow for a quick pressure.
7. Serve & Enjoy!
The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service for free.
I don’t know about the weather in your neck of the woods, but here in WNY, it’s about to go from sunshine to blizzards shortly! I hate to go outdoors once those temperatures dip below 60 degrees, so once those temperatures drop, I’m all about that indoor entertainment. Just call me Hermit Courtney while I binge watch my favorite shows, stream the latest movies and watch my favorite YouTube stars kill it while avoiding that snow! So you best believe when I discovered Google Chromecast, I was quite intrigued.
What Is Google Chromecast?
Upgrade your TV for less!!! Google Chromecast is designed to make the most of the apps and entertainment already on your smart phone! That’s right! Those TV shows you binge, movies you’re dying to see, YouTube videos you were just alerted were uploaded and more? All just a tap away from all of your family’s devices!!!
All together now
Watch movies, shows, live TV, YouTube, and photos streaming on your TV from all your family's devices.¹
Stream from your phone to TV
Plug Chromecast into the HDMI port on your TV and to power and stream your favorite entertainment right from your phone with just a tap. Watch shows, listen to playlists, and more. And while streaming, you can still use your phone as you normally do.
Works with the streaming apps you know and love
Enjoy TV shows, movies, videos, songs, games, sports and more from over 2000 apps like Netflix, YouTube, YouTube TV, and HBO NOW.
Start streaming with just your voice
Just say what you want to watch from compatible apps and control your TV hands-free, with Chromecast and Google Home working seamlessly together.
“Ok Google, play Stranger Things from Netflix on my living room TV.
Upgrade your TV for less
Expand your home entertainment without buying a new TV. It's so affordable you can get one for every TV in the house.
High-speed wireless connectivity
Built-in 802.11ac Wi-Fi connects to the Internet through your wireless home network (wireless router required and sold separately).
Compatible with your existing HDTV
Easily connects to high-definition televisions with HDMI connectivity.
Best part of all?!?! You can find Google Chromecast at Best Buy for only $35.00!
That’s right, ONLY $35!!!
Since most of us pay wayyy over $100.00 per month for cable or satellite TV, this is a fabulous way to save that cash! Just imagine all the goodies you can buy with THAT kind of savings each month!!!
Going to a pumpkin patch and taking those insta-worthy photos is always on that fall bucket list! While I’m thankful we even have pumpkin patches here in WNY, the ones we have had the pleasure of roaming the past few years were just ok! Nothing fancy. Just pumpkins, jump pillows, goats to pet and corn kernels to roll around in. After like 30 minutes you are beyond ready to leave and scheming up ways to pull your kiddo out of the corn kernel pit.
When I spotted a Facebook ad last week about the Great Pumpkin Farm in Clarence, NY (buffalo) I was intrigued! They claimed amusement rides, haunted houses, food vendors, even a bar! The Great Pumpkin Farm looked to be a place for all ages! Something for everyone besides the wannabe Insta-models posing with pumpkins and toddlers swimming in corn.
The Great Pumpkin Farm
The Great Pumpkin Farm started out in 1996 by hosting the World Pumpkin Weigh-off. The Great Pumpkin Farm ended up in the Guinness World Book of Records for the first 1,000-pound pumpkin! From there, the Pumpkin Farm grew each year to include more signature events, rides and attractions and, today, it’s one of Western New York’s signature fall events!
This year The Great Pumpkin Farm is home to a Hay maze, Petting Zoo, Boo Barn, Playground, shop & bakery, Witches Brew Bar, Food Venders, and many rides and attractions! The best way to describe The Great Pumpkin Farm is to call it a fair with signature pumpkin patch activities! Adminssion is Free weekdays and $8 on weekends. Check the schedule to make sure the attraction you are most excited is open the day you are trying to make your trip!
The Great Pumpkin Farm is home to TWO bars! That’s right TWO! I was pretty excited when I heard this, so the first thing we did was grab a cider beer then headed to the playground! Mama could care less how long you’re playing with a drink in her hand.
Looking for a date night idea?!? Head to the Witches Brew Bar for a craft beer or even a specialty halloween drink before heading out the the rides and pumpkins!!! I would love it if hubby planned an evening like that for me. A girl can dream.
Just like every other pumpkin patch in the word, The Great Pumpkin Farm has all the traditional activities like Hay Rides, The Cow Train, Pillow Jumper, Animals. All included in your weekend admission price. Weekdays, some of these activities may cost you a fee.
The Great Pumpkin Farm definitely wins the award for most photographable pumpkin farm in WNY! So much artwork to pose in front of and soooooo many pumpkin setups! I wish it would have been a colder day (did I really just say that!) so I could have been dressed falltastic & not sweating to death in 80 degree heat. I would have loved a cute fall styled photo opt!
Choose your family favorite pumpkin to take home from the unique display of ZILLIONS of pumpkins. Don’t forget your stalks, gourds and mums to decorate your home for Halloween!
Pricing: (from website)
• PUMPKINS – $.45 lb
• PIE PUMPKINS – Orange or White – $.55 lb / Minimum $1.00 each
• LG GOURDS, DECORATIVE & WHITE Pumpkins – $.55 lb
• Small GOURDS – 2 for $1.00
• CORN STALKS – $4.00 each OR 3 for $10.00
• HAY BALES – $8.00 each
• INDIAN CORN – $4.00 each
• MUMS – $7.99 each OR 4 for $30.00
• PUMPKINS – MINI – $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00
• PUMPKINS – DECORATED Small – $4.00 each
• PUMPKINS – PAINTED Characters – $7.50 each
Catch a ride on a Carousel, the Ferris Wheel or one of the other favorite family rides at the Midway! This midway is legit like a fair!!! I even spotted one of those saucer type rides that tips you upside down!!
Have you you ever wanted to shoot a zombie? Give Zombie Paint Ball a try! Pony Rides are always a favorite of my daughters so you best believe we checked out the pony after taking getting our thrills from the midway!!!!
Are shows more your thing? Watch the Magic Show, Cackling Hen Revue, Juggling & Comedy Ventriloquism or watch the Pig Race!!
Worth The Drive?
I think it’s safe to say we were blown away with The Great Pumpkin Farm! I will admit that I never took the chance to visit a pumpkin farm before I was a mom, so I only have two other farms to compare it to. Those other two have nothing on The Great Pumpkin Farm. Honestly, one of them costs more and has not even a quarter of the activities The Great Pumpkin Farm has. So much to do for all ages! We really had the best afternoon. I’m still on cloud nine today because of all the family fun we had. Beyond happy I decided to make the hour+ journey to check a new place out. So worth the long drive. New yearly tradition. Next year we will be bringing others with us to join in on the good ole family fun!
Have you taken your kiddos to a pumpkin patch?
Thank you Hotel Transylvania for sponsoring this evenings post!
One of my favorite fall activities just happens to be movies!!!! It’s chilly outside & since I’m a southern gal living in the north, I want nothing to do with that cold weather. Once the weather goes below 60, I’m all about the hermit life, vegging infront of the tv watching all those Halloween creepy and scary flicks!
It can be a tad bit tough however to find quality movies for the kiddos to watch! Once your kid hits grade school, they want nothing to do with those cheesy toodler flicks. They want real plots and fun characters to watch! So you best believe I was pretty excited when we discovered the Hotel Transylvania series a few years ago! I swear almost every year there is a new awesome flick added to the series and this year was better than the rest! We are in LOVE Hotel Transylvania 3! One movie I don’t mind my daughter having on repeat. It’s that good!
Join your favorite monster family as they embark on a vacation adventure on a luxury monster cruise ship so Drac can finally take a break from handling everyone else's vacation at the hotel. It's smooth sailing for Drac's Pack as the monsters indulge in all of the shipboard fun the cruise has to offer, from monster volleyball to exotic excursions, and catching up on their moon tans. But they hit rocky waters when Mavis realizes that Drac has fallen for the mysterious captain of the ship, Ericka, who hides a dangerous secret that could sink their plans for a dream vacation.
Meet Drac's Family:
Drac ( Adam Sandler) - Drac's life seems perfect. He's surrounded by his family and the hotel is busier than ever. The only thing he needs is a vacation! He can't wait to spend some quality time with Mavis, Dennis and the rest of his family on the world's first ever cruise for monsters. But little does Drac know, this crusie is actually a well designed trap to wipe out all monster kind!!
Mavis ( Selena Gomez) - Always cool and optimistic Mavis can do it all. The one thing she wishes she had? More family time. the cruise is just what she needed! She can't wait to have a blast with Drac's entire Pack and get some quality time with Johnny, Dennis and of course, here dad Drac.
Johnny ( Adam Sandberg) - Johnny always manages to stay mellow but he's stoked about the cruise's all night music monster festival. What he doesn't realize is that the fate of all monsters will depend on his mid-90's DJ skills.
Dennis (Asher Blinkoff) - Mavis and Johnny's 5 year old son Dennis has a new pet he is in love with - an elephant sized puppy named Tinkles. Dennis can't bear to leave his mischievous puppy behind so he secretly sneaks onto the cruise and disguises the massive dog as one of the passengers. How long will Dennis be able to keep his secret under wraps?
Murray (Keegan Michael Key) - Murray the mummy can't wait to unwrap and pamper himself with an all-day seaweed wrap. But his spa appointment will need to wait when he learns about.
Winnie ( Sadie Sandler) - She's one of Wayne and Wanda's numerous pups. She's wild, rambunctious and always game for a mischievous adventure. She also has a not-so-secret crush on Dennis.
Wayne ( Steve Buscemi) - Wayne the Werewolf and his wife Wanda have just had another litter of their new pups and they are up to their noses in little furballs. When the couple realizes there is a kids club on board the cruise ship, Wayne weeps with joy and they decide to pack a decade worth of 'me time' into one night.
Blobby ( Genndy Tartakovsky) - This blobby monster is always jiggling for a good time! He's also his own lost and found - you can sometimes discover and extra thing or two inside his gelatin body.
Have you had a chance to check out Hotel Transylvania 3? Have you had the chance to check out any of the Hotel Transylvania movies?
Thank you to PURENEW for sponsoring this post. As always, all opinions are my own.
I will admit, I love my makeup & I love my filters like every other basic girl in America! However, one thing I’m pretty proud of is the fact I get told I look like my Insta photos in real life all the time! For being in my 30’s I do have pretty fabulous skin, those Insta & Snap filters just make my skin look even more fab.
Good genes? Naw! I actually struggled with skin issues most of my 20’s! With a few tweaks to my skincare regime, I went from looking rough to radiant within a few short months.
Kick your own skincare routine into high gear with these simple Fabulous Glowing Skin TIPS to get flawless skin yourself just in time for all those holiday parties!
1. Supplements ~ Did you know your eating habits can affect your skin? Skincare isn’t just about the products we slather on our faces. In fact, what you injest can be just as important as the serums and creams you apply on your skin. A simple change in your daily habits, such as just one application of supplements a day, can bring visible change to your skin!
The biggest difference between health supplements and superficial skincare products is that they can fundamentally improve the root causes of skin problems, for the long run. That’s why supplements for fabulous, glowing skin can seriously be a game changer.
Have you tried PURENEW? If you’re new to PURENEW, let me fill you in on the tea! PURENEW is a beauty supplement made of premium ingredients all sourced from nature and are backed by clinical studies! Ingredients like Wild Red Sockeye Salmon Oil, BioSil® Hair Vital Advanced Formula, BioCell Collagen® HA, Multi-Antioxidants Comlex and Bioactive Collagen Peptides help to regenerate healthy skin, boost skin moisture and elasticity! Long story short, you will be treating your skin from within unlike all those topical creams and lotions sitting in your bathroom.
PURENEW is also manufactured in California in a cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) certified facility in accordance with the highest quality and control standards enforced by the FDA! You know you’re getting a quality product when buying PURENEW, so now worries about unsafe, untested ingredients.
If if you’re in you’re 30’s like this mama, PURENEW is a dream come true since PURENEW is filled with all the fabulousness we need for our skin to stay looking fab & fresh!
PURENEW products are designed for specific life stages to nourish the cells, increase physiological function and enhance the physique! So if you like what you’re reading make sure you buy the option for you’re age group!
• In your 40s and 50s, expression lines and dark spots on your face become more visible due to cumulative sun exposure and free radicals. Professional Skin Clear is advanced skin care aimed at reducing wrinkles and promoting clear skin in women age 35+.The ingredients nourish your skin from the inside out, regenerating healthy skin cells and increasingcollagen, boosting moisture and elasticity to reduce wrinkles, reducing formation of both visible and hidden age spots and brightening skin tone.
• Your 20s and 30s are the most critical time for optimizing your skin health – the way you care for it now will determine future skin quality. Essential Skin Clear is fundamental formulation for those age 20+ that rehydrates and promotes healthy, glowing skin, relieves clogged pores, and fights fine lines, dark spots and sensitive skin condition.
2. Clean Your Phone ~ I know, sounds silly! But if you’re spotting breakouts on your cheeks, they may be from those hour-long chats with your bestie. Your phone picks up a ridiculous amount of dirt and bacteria (from your hands, handbag, the kitchen counter), which can then get transferred to your face when you're gossiping away on the phone. Wipe that screen down really good with an anti-bacterial wipe to get rid of all those gross germs. Your skin will be thanking you.
3. Change Those Pillowcases ~ Not changing your pillowcases enough can also cause your skin to not look so hot. I know, you’re thinking I wash my face every night! Truth is your pillowcases carry dirt and sweat from your hair, hands, and build up from the products you use on your face at night, which can clog your pores. No one wants to wake up to blackheads, so it's a good idea to change those pillowcases frequently.
4. Get Some Shut Eye ~ The key to not looking tired? Not being tired! Duh! I know, easier said than done. All our heavy thinking seems to only happen once the sun goes down. Do whatever you can to get in seven to eight hours a night and your skin—including those pesky undereye bags, will look noticeably better. Trust me, sleep offers the kind of results that not even top of the line face creams can mimic.
5. Wear Sunscreen ~ This is one of those tips you hear over and over and don’t start to practice until it’s too late! Don’t be like me! I was a tanorexic in my 20’s & it’s taken me years to reverse all that damage!! Protecting yourself from sun damage NOW will make you feel better now AND later on. Wear at least SPF 15 every day (higher if you're spending time in strong sun) under your makeup to help prevent skin cancer, wrinkles and sunburn. Sunscreen actually makes for a decent skin primer! Try it!
6. Wash Your Makeup Brushes ~ This one is for you makeup junkies!!! Make sure to wash your makeup brushes with brush cleanser or baby shampoo frequently!! If you use makeup sponges, wash those regularly too. These tools can accumulate bacteria, which can lead to horrible breakouts, even rashes! Dirty brushes can make the most expensive skincare routines go to waste. I unfortunately learned this the hard way and had what appeared to be a rash on my face for weeks before realizing I was an idiot and needed to wash my brushes when everything else failed! Never again will I go more than a day or two without giving my brushes a quick rinse.
7. Get Hydrated ~ Every skin expert I have ever spoken to emphasized the importance of hydration. A lack of water means less radiance and more sag! Professionals claim 7-8 glasses of water a day will do the trick. I happened to purchase a gallon sized water bottle at a discount store and it sits on my desk daily. I may pee way more than I wish, but my skin is worth those extra bathroom runs! Drinking water will also make you feel full making you snack on those sugary treats less, which is also good for your skin! Say no to candy that can lead to breakouts by drinking that H2O.
8. Squeezing A Zit Will Never, EVER Make It Better, Faster ~ Translation: Stop touching your face. Your hands are covered in germs & bacteria. Just think about all the stuff you just touched in the last hour! If you’re touching an already-inflamed zit or rash, you’re only adding debris to the pimple and delaying its demise. Plus, popping a pimple doesn’t do your skin or the zit itself any good. Especially if it’s a swollen, large cyst without a whitehead on top, which will only get worse when you try to squeeze.
Do you have any skincare tips to share? I’m always looking for new skincare & beauty tips!!!
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.