The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
O my yum!!! Who doesn’t love Coffee Cake?!?! I’m a team Apple gal since pumpkin just isn’t my jam! So when autumn hits, apples galore!!!
One of my favorite fall recipes happens to be Apple Butter Coffee Cake! This recipe does take some time, so it’s on my “only make one time a year” list! Definitely worth the effort that’s for sure. Beyond delicious, so make sure you make plenty.
• 1 cup butter
• ½ cup milk
• 2 packages dry yeast
• ¼ cup warm water
• 3 eggs, separated, reserve the egg whites
• 2 ½ cups flour
• ¼ teaspoon salt
• ¼ cup sugar
• ½ cup walnuts, chopped
• ½ cup raisins
• ½ cup milk
• 1 cup apple butter
• Reserved egg whites
• 1 cup sugar
1.Heat butter and milk over low on the stovetop until butter has melted. Cool to lukewarm.
2.In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water and beat in the egg yolk. Blend in the cooled milk mixture.
3.Sift in the flour, salt, and sugar. Beat until the mixture is smooth and
4.Cover bowl and refrigerate overnight.
5. The next day, blend walnuts, raisins, milk and apple butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
6 Stir until mixture thickens. Let cool.
7. Beat egg whites until stiff.
8. Slowly add in the 1 cup of sugar.
9. Pour into the cooled apple butter walnut mixture.
10.. Divide dough into two equal pieces (4 if using 2 small bread pans) and dust each with flour.
11. Roll out (one at a time) to make a large circle.
12. Pour half of the walnut filling onto the dough and spread out over the dough.
13. Roll up jelly-roll fashion. Set aside and roll our second piece of dough and repeat process.
14. When done, twist the two pieces of filled dough
together, making a braid or twist.
15. Place in carefully in bread pan. Place on stovetop and let rise for 30 minutes while preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
16. Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then invert to a cake plate. Drizzle with a vanilla glaze.
Serve fresh for best results or reheat slices in microwave for 30 seconds prior to serving to retain moistness.
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!