The Breadcrumbs widget will appear here on the published site.
Ahhhh trends of the early 00's!!! These trends weren't as bad as the 90's. I look at some of the gear my parents had me rockin in the 90's and ughhhh.... This fashionista will
never understand the whole grunge, looking homeless look & I can only hope those looks never come back!
Just because the early 00's beat out the 90's doesn't mean our fashion taste was on point either. Between our popped collar, tattoo printed, goofy textured, denim everything wardrobes, I sometimes wonder if top designers were having acid flashbacks from the 60's & matching our wardrobes to there trips. I can't think of any other logical explanation for some of those top looks & clothing patterns.
We all still quote Mean Girls and try to copy Britney Spears routines, but I think it's safe to say we look back on those days with equal parts dreamy nostalgia and sheer horror. For ole'times sake we're taking a trip down memory lane with all the best and worst things about the early 00's!
1.Tracksuits ~ I love tracksuits! My bridesmaids were even rocking matching tracksuits pre-wedding festivities on my wedding day just a few years ago. You might also catch me wearing a tracksuit while grocery shopping. No shame in my tracksuit game! Just wish this early 00's trend was still in & I didn't have to explain my love for the things every time I get a "really Courtney, juicy? Is this 2005?" when caught rockin one.
2. Tiffany Heart Necklaces ~ Everyone had one & you would be lying if you claim you didn't feel like a baller for having one around your neck. This is one early 00's trend that was definitely an obnoxious one, but some days I do miss that ridiculously heavy thing ruining my almost Perfect posture.
3. Tattoo Patterns ~ Ed Hardy, Christian Audigier, 2bFree, I can go on and on with all the designers selling $100 tattooed t-shirts. That's right $100 for a shirt that looked like my four year old designed it.
What makes this trend even sadder is I rocked the runway for Ed Hardy, AND WAS PROUD & had those pics plastered all over MySpace lol. This is definitely one trend I'm glad is gone & would like to delete it from my memories. Tattooed tee's never happened ;-)
4. Trucker Hats ~ Hats of the early 00's were the pre-mommy days version of the mom-ponytail. They might of looked hideous on most of us & does anyone actually know what Von Dutch even stands for because I sure don't! It was pretty nice to not have to do your hair everyday, so whoever Von Dutch is, thank you for making the whole grab a hat and out the door you went looking hip and trendy a thing!
5. Louis Vuitton Logo Everything, Especially the Multi Color ~ Who remembers that Britney Spears video with the LV interior hummer? That video explains everything you need to know about the whole LV trend! You weren't cool unless you were dripping in LV plastered accessories. I remember dreaming of the day I made enough cash to pimp my own car out in LV's so Britney & I could be twinsies. Thankfully that trend died way before I made enough to do such a silly thing & ruin my ride
6. Denim Everything ~ Denim owes a lot to the early 2000s. We wanted denim everything. Denim hats, denim skirts, denim dresses, denim jumpers and denim vests. We wanted different colors and washes of denim stitched together. We wanted frayed denim incorporated in as many ways as possible. We wanted to see celebrities wearing denim on the red carpet. We. Loved. Denim.
7. Livestrong bracelets ~ Don't lie, you had one of these on your wrist. You could spot me at times with an armful of these bracelets! Nothing made people feel like they were making a difference to a well-known cause like copping a bracelet and wearing it everywhere. Once anyone and everyone began making these for just about anything under the sun, they quickly faded out of favor.
8. Crystal-encrusted Sidekicks ~ You wanted one of these more than world peace. I remember dropping mine one NYE & having almost every rhinestone fall off & I still wanted to carry the thing around regardless of it looking like crap. Honestly it wasn't a bad phone at all for the era with Juicy Couture even making a limited edition. With the AIM integration & eventual MySpace app, it was all one needed to stay connected.
9. Popped Collars ~ Preppy style has been a staple regardless of what decade it is. Who doesn't like to exude privilege and wealth at every possible moment ;-) With the rise and dominance of teen retailers like Abercrombie & Fitch and Hollister, their brand of prep Americana was in every mall (and at every cool kids' table) during the first half of the '00s.
10. MySpace ~ I know, not really a fashion trend, but it was one of the biggest things of the early 00's so it gets a mention! I'm sure all these looks made an appearance in one of your many photo albums ;-) I personally think MySpace was the best social platform EVER (besides maybe Twitter) and I miss it all the time! How boring ole'Facebook, a site with no customization came out on top still boggles my mind. Probably one of the main reasons why I'm a fb hater. MySpace will forever be cooler than fb to me. Just wish we all still used the platform!
The Recommended Posts widget will appear here on the published site.
The Blog Search will appear here on the published site.
results for you
We've got nothin'!