I have yet to meet a little girl not totally in love with Disney Juniors Sofia the First! When my daughter first started watching “real” cartoons, she was instantly hooked on the adventures of everyone’s favorite Enchancia Princess! She even requested a Sofia themed birthday party at the age of three where we made our very own Sofia The First Birthday Cake.
I’m convinced you end up loving the Disney Princess you resemble the most since Sofia looks a lot like my daughter. When I was her age? I was obsessed with the blonde hair blue eyed Aurora. Then my brown hair, brown/hazel eyed sister? She was all about Belle! Coincidence? Hmmmmm...
When it came to planning our latest trip to Walt Disney World, I had to make sure my daughter met her Disney Jr idol! So if your little princess is Sofia obsessed like my own, you’re in luck! I did all the Sofia Disney World research for you! Here are the three places your Sofia fan can meet this popular Disney Junior star at Walt Disney World Orlando.
The number one spot to meet Sofia? Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! The popular Disney Junior star holds meet-and-greets throughout the day in the same location! No need to search the parks hoping for a glimps of Sofia, just head to Animation Courtyard and get in line for a photo. While Sofia is not a “face character” meaning she does not talk, she is very expressive, loves to pose with you and giggles nonstop!
No camera? Phone died? No problem! An awesome perk of the Animation Courtyard meet-and-greet just happens to be that a Disney PhotoPass photographer is on hand to snap that special moment.
• Guaranteed to meet Sofia
• Disney PhotoPass photographer right there to shoot those photos
• Disney PhotoPass photographer will take photos with your phone/camera
• If you get lucky & happen to be the last person in line before Sofia takes her break to “check on Clover”, she will walk away from the meet & greet with you! My daughter was lucky enough to have this happen & was escorted to Disney Junior Live On Stage! Video above
• Lines can get long depending on day/time
• Sofia does take breaks, so you may be in line when this break/Sofia switch occurs. Good news is, it’s only a few minutes long.
Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine
Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, Handy Manny and Jake from “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” have their very own character breakfast at the Hollywood & Vine restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This will definitely be a fun-filled meal your Sofia fan won’t forget! As you enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch, Sofia, along with the other Disney Jr stars will roam the restaurant posing for photos and signing autographs for any child who wishes. Get ready to see some of the biggest smiles and loudest giggles you’ve ever heard from your child as Sofia the First makes her rounds!
• No waiting in line
• You can meet several Disney Junior Characters in one location.
• You must purchase a Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park ticket to dine.
• The Character Breakfast/Lunch will cost you an additional fee on top of your theme park admission.
Disney Junior – Live on Stage
Disney Junior Live on Stage not only brings Sofia the First onstage, but other Disney Jr favorites such as Doc McStuffins, Jake, Mickey & Minnie!!! This is definitely a fun-filled show your kids won’t stop talking about. While your Sofia fan won’t meet Sofia during this performance, they will get to watch a cute skit featuring Sofia, Amber & James in puppet form from the audience.
• Air Conditioned Show
• You can use a Fast Pass to skip the line
• You can watch many Disney Junior favorites during the performance.
• No official meet-and-greet
• Sofia will be in puppet form
• You will be seated on the floor for the performance. No chairs.