So who here has had the chance to visit Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios!?! The new attraction area just happened to open on my birthday, June 30th! Just in time for our family’s annual July Forth vacation which just happened to be at Disney World this year.
Obviously, the first place we dashed to once in the parks was Toy Story Land! Shockingly, lines weren’t that bad when the parks opened. We arrived at 8am and only waited 20 minutes for the new Alien Swirling Saucers! 30 minutes for the new Slinky Dog Dash Coaster! Definitely pays to get there at opening.
Alien Swirling Saucers was a total blast! I’m so happy Toy Story Land is now at Hollywood Studios because it was always my least favorite park, but my daughters favorite since they have Disney Junior and a Sofia the First Meet-and Greet. Now I have a section of the park I can enjoy just as much as my daughter enjoys Disney Junior & my hubby Star Wars! Yay for Disney’s Hollywood Studios now being a park for the whole family!
1. Take your green paper plate and cut it in half with your scissors. You will instantly have an Alien shaped head.
2. Once you have two paper plate Alien heads, grab that glue stick and glue three eyes onto each Alien.
3. Now take another green paper plate and draw/cut out an Alien antenna.
4. When you have two Alien antennas, take your glue stick and glue an antenna onto each Alien.
5. While your eyes and antennas are drying, take your black sparkle foam paper and cut out four Alien ears.
6. Glue those ears onto your Aliens
7. Now for the fun part! Take your black marker and draw a mouth on each Alien. I suggest practicing on a blank piece of paper to perfect your technique before drawing on your plate.
8. & just like that, you have two Toy Story Aliens!
I have yet to meet a little girl not totally in love with Disney Juniors Sofia the First! When my daughter first started watching “real” cartoons, she was instantly hooked on the adventures of everyone’s favorite Enchancia Princess! She even requested a Sofia themed birthday party at the age of three where we made our very own Sofia The First Birthday Cake.
I’m convinced you end up loving the Disney Princess you resemble the most since Sofia looks a lot like my daughter. When I was her age? I was obsessed with the blonde hair blue eyed Aurora. Then my brown hair, brown/hazel eyed sister? She was all about Belle! Coincidence? Hmmmmm...
When it came to planning our latest trip to Walt Disney World, I had to make sure my daughter met her Disney Jr idol! So if your little princess is Sofia obsessed like my own, you’re in luck! I did all the Sofia Disney World research for you! Here are the three places your Sofia fan can meet this popular Disney Junior star at Walt Disney World Orlando.
The number one spot to meet Sofia? Animation Courtyard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! The popular Disney Junior star holds meet-and-greets throughout the day in the same location! No need to search the parks hoping for a glimps of Sofia, just head to Animation Courtyard and get in line for a photo. While Sofia is not a “face character” meaning she does not talk, she is very expressive, loves to pose with you and giggles nonstop!
No camera? Phone died? No problem! An awesome perk of the Animation Courtyard meet-and-greet just happens to be that a Disney PhotoPass photographer is on hand to snap that special moment.
• Guaranteed to meet Sofia
• Disney PhotoPass photographer right there to shoot those photos
• Disney PhotoPass photographer will take photos with your phone/camera
• If you get lucky & happen to be the last person in line before Sofia takes her break to “check on Clover”, she will walk away from the meet & greet with you! My daughter was lucky enough to have this happen & was escorted to Disney Junior Live On Stage! Video above
• Lines can get long depending on day/time
• Sofia does take breaks, so you may be in line when this break/Sofia switch occurs. Good news is, it’s only a few minutes long.
Disney Junior Play ‘n Dine
Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, Handy Manny and Jake from “Jake and the Never Land Pirates” have their very own character breakfast at the Hollywood & Vine restaurant at Disney’s Hollywood Studios! This will definitely be a fun-filled meal your Sofia fan won’t forget! As you enjoy a delicious breakfast or lunch, Sofia, along with the other Disney Jr stars will roam the restaurant posing for photos and signing autographs for any child who wishes. Get ready to see some of the biggest smiles and loudest giggles you’ve ever heard from your child as Sofia the First makes her rounds!
• No waiting in line
• You can meet several Disney Junior Characters in one location.
• You must purchase a Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park ticket to dine.
• The Character Breakfast/Lunch will cost you an additional fee on top of your theme park admission.
Disney Junior – Live on Stage
Disney Junior Live on Stage not only brings Sofia the First onstage, but other Disney Jr favorites such as Doc McStuffins, Jake, Mickey & Minnie!!! This is definitely a fun-filled show your kids won’t stop talking about. While your Sofia fan won’t meet Sofia during this performance, they will get to watch a cute skit featuring Sofia, Amber & James in puppet form from the audience.
• Air Conditioned Show
• You can use a Fast Pass to skip the line
• You can watch many Disney Junior favorites during the performance.
• No official meet-and-greet
• Sofia will be in puppet form
• You will be seated on the floor for the performance. No chairs.
Planning a Disney themed birthday party? Huge play date coming up?!?!? Or maybe you want to add a little something extra to the kids lunch!!!?? Whatever the occasion may be, these DIY Mickey Plates will do the trick. Assembly is easy peasy AND ridiculously cheap! Plus, the kiddos will get a huge kick that their favorite mouse is joining them for lunch.
My daughters favorite part? There are THREE SEPARATE areas for her food, which means her food won’t be touching. A huge deal to many 5 year olds out there.
• Small Black Paper Plates
•Large Black Paper Plates
Take one large black paper plate & two small black paper plates. Then glue your small black paper plates onto the large black plate to make Mickey’s ears!
Once you have Mickey’s ears in place, wait a few minutes for your Mickey Plate to dry.
That’s all folks!!! Really! These plates are THAT simple to make. Your kids can even make them with adult supervision since this crafty project involves super glue. Enjoy.
Omg!!!! Isn’t it just crazy that Christmas is just weeks away!!!??? I swear I have zero concept of time since I swear it was summer and I was chillen poolside yesterday! Since the holidays are in full swing, I thought I would share my daughters teacher gifts for this year!
Minni Mouse Oven Mitts with Sugar Cookie Mix stuffed inside the mitt, a fabulous mickey cookie cutter, and a cute printable we tied to the mitt!
The best part of all?! We found these at Aldi! And the best part?! They are legit Disney trademarked AND only cost us $3.99 a Set! You best believe we stocked up and every teacher, therapist, bus driver etc will be receiving a very festive Disney themed gift from Haylie this year!
Since I want Haylie to use these for various people in her life, I designed a very generic gift tag printable to tie to the mitt!
To make the Minnie Oven Mitt a tad bit more custom, just download the printable below. 4 tags per printed sheet of paper. Use 8x10 photo paper to achieve a more sturdy gift tag. Poke holes into the corner and tie the gift tag on!
Take a break from all you do.
Enjoy this sweet treat just for you!
This makes the perfect gift for Disney lovers! And it’s so easy peasy to put together AND beyond wallet friendly!!!
When you have gifts to buy for various teachers, therapist, bus drivers etc, it can be tough to find that cute gift for all without breaking the bank! Thanks to this Aldi find, this years Teacher Christmas gifts are pretty fab!!!
Have you finished your holiday shopping yet?
While we plan our days of wandering the parks based on which rides we scored that fast pass on, very often it’s meeting Mickey, or even a Disney Princess, that becomes the highlight of a child’s vacation. Here’s the inside scoop on which of your favorite Disney characters will sign that famous autograph at Walt Disney World.
Winnie the Pooh
• Belle does not sign her autograph BUT it is on the photopass card.
• Beast is known for NOT signing autographs, but has on a rare occasion, so ask!
• Buzz Lightyear doesn’t sign autographs, but he usually has a stamp on hand.
• Characters at Dance Parties and the Frontierland Hoedown do NOT sign autographs.
• Unfortunately King Louie does NOT sign autographs, but sometimes Baloo will sign for King Louie if you're lucky. So ask!
• Characters found in Random spots (World Showplace, International Gateway, Fountain of Nations, American Pavilion, Imagination Pavilion) usually sign autographs.
• Sadness does sign autographs, but at times she can be too sad to sign. So you may end up having Joy sign for her
• Baymax does NOT sign autographs
Green Army Man
• Olaf DOES sign autographs BUT it's in the form of a snowman.
• Stormtroopers do NOT sign autographs.
• Chewbacca does NOT sign autographs
• Jawas does NOT sign autographs
• Kylo does NOT sign autographs
• Buzz Lightyear doesn’t sign autographs, but he usually has a stamp on hand.
• Characters at Characterpalooza usually sign autographs.
• Characters found while dinning at Minnie’s seasonal dinner at Hollywood & Vine usually do not sign, but autograph cards are given out when entering meal.
• Characters at Disney Jr Dance party do not sign.
Winnie the Pooh
What if I told you that you DO NOT have to purchase an expensive Magic Kingdom park admission to watch the spectacular fireworks show? One of the top FREE things to do while at Disney is watch the fireworks from anywhere but the chaotic theme park.
Bypass the claustrophobic crowds by watching the fireworks from these fantastic spots!
I don't know if this is just a "Florida Gal" thing or what, but Mickey Ears purchased from Etsy have been the rage for years!!!! It's one of those things that I just always assumed all people knew about. Now that I'm living in NY & have friends in my office once in awhile, one thing that draws people's eyes are my Mickey ears I proudly display. What kind of Disney nut would I be to not have my ears where all can see?
I have a few NY friends that make annual trips to see the mouse and these are the girls who ask me where they can find such ears since they have never walked into a shop where they could purchase a pair. Convinced I must know an insider secret shop!
The answer is obviously Etsy! When you live in an area where the majority of your inner circle rock Disney Annual Passes, owning "the best" Ears becomes an actual thing! Celebrating a birthday? Custom ears!!! Hosting part of your bachelorette party at downtown Disney like I did?! Obviously you need fabulous ears for that as well. In an area like Orlando where everything is sort of basic to appeal to the masses that visit daily, one has to attempt to be different and thanks to Etsy, that can happen.
Since not many Non-Floridians seem to know about the Etsy Mickey Ear craze, I thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorites!!!!
Which Mickey Ears Are Your Favorite?
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MagicalFamilyFirsts #CollectiveBias
Our family experiences a lot of family firsts. Hubby's first big boy job, first time I was published outside of my own site & went super viral, Haylie's first day of real school. One family first that we will never forget is our vacation to Walt Disney World® Resort!
We had so much fun on our Disney Parks vacation I wanted to share an opportunity for you to experience your #MagicalFamilyFirsts
BJ’s Wholesale and Huggies® are all about family firsts, including one family’s chance to experience the magical firsts of Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida! Right now, Every Huggies® purchase from BJ’s Wholesale gives you a chance to win a 4-Day, 3-Night Walt Disney World® Experience.
You can visit bjshuggiessweeps.com for more details!
Walt Disney World with your preschooler.
Who is excited for Finding Dory?!?! So jealous of all
my bloggy friends that were graced with the opportunity to attend premiers all over the country this week! Unfortunately for this Disney nut, I live hours away from anything remotely cool, including premiers. Jamestown, NY will never get a movie premiere, EVER, unless it's maybe an Amish documentary. So long story short, I will be waiting like the rest of y'all for the film to be released this weekend!
Since Finding Dory is all that's on my daughters mind (ok maybe mine) this week, we (I) thought we would make fish bowl jello cups! Who doesn't love fruit snacks and jello?
Plastic Clear Cups For Fish Bowls
Finding Dory Fruit Snacks
Light Blue Jello ( unfortunately the Finding Dory Jello is too dark :-/)
Make your jello as you normally would & stick the cups in the refrigerator to get half way jello-like.
Once your jello is half way jello-y, place your fruit snacks in the jello. This is the hack to making your fruit snacks not sink to the bottom. Then place your cups back in the refrigerator to jello the rest of the way.
Ta-Da! You now have Finding Dory fish bowl jello cups!
Disclosure: This post about sharing your Chiquita smile is being compensated by Chiquita as part of my membership with Mom It Forward Blogger Network.
It' pretty obvious that Disney holds a dear place in my heart! For god sake Disney has it's very own section on my site. Safe to say the obsession is real folks!
Spending more years than I can remember living in Central Florida & returing for a visit every chance I get these days, taking advantage of my annual pass & wandering the parks was my number one hobby! I dedicated, (yes dedicated ) so much time to my Disney obsession that it was an ongoing joke between my family & I that I mind as well just move into Cinderella's Castle. I would always reply back with "I'm just waiting on the invite from Disney to move in! I'm ready when they are!"
People ask me all the time which Disney Park is my all time favorite. Since I feel it's almost impossible to narrow a fav down to one, I would have to go with a tie between Magic Kingdom & Epcot.
A day at Magic Kingdom is like living my favorite childhood movies in real life, plus there is nothing more magical than Cinderella's castle.
Then the foodie/wino inside of me has a total love affair with Epcots deliciousness! Nothing better than drinking (& sometimes eating) "around the word" with friends.
Magic Kingdom® Park at Walt Disney World® Resort Fun Facts!
● Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is not like regular roller coasters, each mine car in this coaster is mounted in a cradle-like pivot, which allows it to swing side to side independently of the others. Find out more at Disney Fun Facts.
● It’s a Small World® attraction appears in all of the Disney theme parks worldwide, including Paris, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. Read more about it at Disney Fun Facts.
● Dumbo the Flying Elephant® attraction has been a Magic Kingdom® Park favorite since the park first opened in 1971 in California. Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida has now doubled the fun! Find out how at Disney Fun Facts
Epcot®: at Walt Disney World® Resort Fun Facts!
● There are 5.7 million gallons of water in the Caribbean Coral Reef aquarium in Epcot®! Disney Fun Facts
● Did you know that Epcot® was the second theme park to be built in the Walt Disney World® Resort? Find out more at Disney Fun Facts
• Did you know there are over 1,000 Hidden Mickeys at Walt Disney World® Resort? Do you want to know where one of them is => Disney Fun Facts
Do you want to know another fun fact?
You, yes YOU have a chance to win a Disney World® Resort Vacation! That’s right one of my readers has a chance to win a trip to the happiest place on earth! All you have to do is share your Chiquita smile and you could win a Walt Disney World® vacation from Chiquita!
How is that for fun facts?
Entering the contest is easy peasy. There are 4 easy steps and one of them is sharing your Chiquita Smile #JustSmileContest on your social media channels and bam! You’re entered! Told you it was easy!
For more info ~ http://shareyourchiquitasmile.com/
I decided that my Sofia obsessed daughter would have the best chance of our family winning this contest since she is the cutest out of the three of us. So here is Haylie being her goofy self & using her Chiquita Banana as a phone & smiling away! Why she chose to pose this way? Nobody knows!!! Ahhhh to be four & have this much imagination again.
Omg before I let y'all go, I might just have ONE MORE FACT!!
One of my fabulous readers also has a chance to win a Chiquita Prize Pack (valued at $50).
Selected winner will receive:
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents in the Continental States and Canada (except Quebec).
No Purchase is necessary. Must be 18+ to enter 50 US/DC/CAN (excl Quebec) Contest Ends on 6/19. SEE RULES: http://bit.ly/22zJSCG
You can enter the Chiquita Prize Pack Giveaway below by entering the Giveaway Tools Form.