How is back to school season already here?!?! I swear summer & our pool side chill days just started! It's like I blinked and bam! Pumpkin & school everything replaced all the pool float & ice cream talk!
As much as I will miss lazy, floating on my donut floaty pool days, I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty stoked to not be glued to my 4 year old 24/7. Having my regular work schedule back never sounded more fab. I give all of you in childcare & education major props for being able to handle kids around the clock because this mama starts to lose here mind after the summer honeymoon phase passes & all that non-stop kiddo action starts to sink in! One of the many reasons I'm in the one and done club. I would like to avoid the looney bin ;-)
One of the best parts of back to school, besides my kiddo actually leaving the house for several hours during the day, would be all of the school shopping!!! My daughter is still young enough where I can sway her fashion tastebuds to my liking so I take full advantage! I know these years are very limited so I'm savoring them the best I can. Everyday is a fashion show for my princess since our tutu wearing days are numbered.
One of the ways I stayed ontop of all the crazy back to school shopping and making sure my daughter is one fabulous fashionista when hitting the school hallways is by using PayPal. I bought 95% of her school supplies and clothes online using PayPal. Her awesome first day of school dress & super adorable Betsey Johnson backpack with a kitty ear hood pictured above, you guess it! Purchased using PayPal!
PayPal is easy peasy to use with One Touch! No need for Back-to-School shoppers like myself to type in credit card information or re-enter usernames and passwords over and over when you pay with PayPal. So no reason not to get my daughters school shopping done soaking in those last few days of summer rays! All I need is my iPhone since PayPal has my payment info stored! Plus PayPal’s exclusive offers with select retailers can make Back to School shopping even more affordable.
Visit paypal.com/backtoschool to see the best ways to save money!
If shopping poolside at your leisure isn't enough, PayPal also has a Giving Fund where 100% of the proceeds go to select organizations, such as Let Girls Learn, YMCA, Boys & Girls Clubs of America. So yeah you read this correctly! Shop on your time & help others! A total win/win!!!
Donations made through the PayPal Giving Fund will receive a 1% match from PayPal during the Back-to-School Season, August 12 – August 31, 2016. So get to shopping folks & help kids in need while getting your kiddo the latest fashions at the same time! Learn more about PayPal Giving Fund.
Not sure what to send to school with your pre-k kiddo?!? The list below is what will be filling my daughters backpack on that very first day! In our neck of the woods public schools offer preschool for 3 year olds and pre-k for 4 year olds, so as a parent with one year of school supply shopping under my belt, I will pass my knowledge on to you! I know last year I was clueless about some of these items!
What's Inside My Backpack Pre-K
1. Kleenex! I always buy a few more extra boxes than asked since classrooms always run out! This time of year tissues are on sale everywhere so it won't break the bank to help. So instead of buying that one box, please consider buying a couple.
2. Giant Glue Sticks! This is another item classrooms tend to run out of pretty fast so I stock up on these for the room as well. Even places like the Dollar Store have packs of glue sticks, so grab a few to help the teacher out. No reason something like this should come out of the teachers pocket.
3. Pull-Ups! My daughter goes to Pre-K through our school district and we are aloud to send a box of pull-ups or even diapers if your kiddo is still rockin those in with our kid to keep in the classroom. It's so much easier than remembering to pack pull-ups daily! When my daughter was in her 2 year old class we weren't allowed to send boxes in and I forgot several times to pack spares! Take advantage of boxes being allowed and avoid the oops moments!
4. Spare Undies! Potty training? You definetly need a spare pair in your kids backpack at all times!!!! They will eventually, I repeat WILL eventually get used no matter how potty trained your little one is. All kids make mistakes every now and then & it's totally ok if you're prepared!
5. Spare Outfit! If your pride and joy does happen to have an accident in class, not only will the spare undies be getting used, but most likely a spare outfit will be needed as well! Our Pre-K classroom allows us to keep a spare outfit in the classroom as long as it's labeled so definetly take advantage and send one to school that first day so you're not getting a call from the school in the future.
6. Sneakers & Socks! My daughter HATES sneakers, which really isn't that uncommon for little girls. Since dress shoes/boots are her obsession I keep a pair of sneakers & a pair of socks in her backpack just in case they go to the playground or to the gym.
7. Lunch Box! If your kiddo brings his or her lunch, you don't want to forget that! Always pack lunches at night too! That way your morning is less hectic since you have one less thing to do.
8. Notebook! Keep a notebook in your kiddos bag to talk back and forth with the teacher! Send a note explaining that you have a notebook in your kids bag at all times for communication. This was something optional my daughters preschool teacher did with the parents & I loved the idea! I will be sending a notebook to school with my daughter for many years to come!
Have you finished your kiddos school shopping yet?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
CourtneyLynne is former model turned mommy & wifey! When not blogging all things foodie, fashion, travel, mom life & straight up fabulousness to the masses, she can be found chasing her toddler around in 6in stilettos & laughing at her own jokes her glass of wine told her to tell.