Not to long ago I tweeted something a long the lines of me wishing I had the opportunity to learn coding as a kid. I may be a millennial, but I'm on the older side. Computer anything besides basic keyboarding was still only optional when I graduated & with the key word being optional there, you best believe I did not partake in any such class.
Now fast forward to the present and all those people I thought were total nerds for taking optional computer classes, you guessed it. They are the ones ruling the world. Joke was definitely on me especially since my career as a blogger would be far more spectacular if I had already known the coding trade & didn't have to teach myself daily!
The very next morning after tweeting said tweet, I then log onto Facebook as soon as opened my eyes since fb is my version of the morning paper & what do you know? I see a "sponsored" Osmo ad. The ad explained how Osmo teaches young kids coding! I kinda had a wtf moment, but then realized the ad probably picked up words I had typed into the Internet (Twitter) and kinda moved on from the strange wtf internet staking moment.
So a few hours after I had my WTF moment I then get an email from Best Buy asking about my interest in possibly reviewing Osmo!
I told you this story was creepy!
After texting hubby all of this craziness, only for him to think exactly that, I'm being crazy, I decided to let my daughter give Osmo a try!
Since I'm sure Osmo can do a way better job at explaining all the fabulous things this system is capable of, just keep on scrolling to find out how much fun your kiddo can have learning!
● Osmo game system changes the way children interact with their iPad by opening it up to hands-on play.
● Allows children a fun, exciting, and creative way to explore science, words, art, numbers and more
● Designed for anyone aged 6 and up, this educational toy can be enjoyed by nearly everyone in the family
● Games are specifically designed to foster creativity, problem solving, and social intelligence skills
● Set comes with 5 games Words, Masterpiece, Tangram, Newton and Numbers Games
● Compatible with Apple iPad 2, 3, 4, all versions of iPad Mini and iPad Air, iPad Pro(9.7)
● Set includes mirror +sturdy base +game pieces +5 game apps in the Apple App Store (free download)
● Suggested for ages six and older, Simple setup
● US MSRP $99.99 OSMO Genius Kit Apps / Games
Kids play math without the pressure of time or the fear that they’ll get the wrong answer. Osmo’s real-time feedback lets kids learn through experimentation in a stress-free environment.
Arrange tangible puzzle pieces into matching on-screen shapes. Play with a friend or challenge yourself to more advanced levels as your handy-work lights up with each victory.
Be the first to guess and spell out the on-screen hidden word by tossing down real-life letters faster than your friends. A related picture gives the clue.
Honestly, Osmo assembly is easy peasy! All you have to do is attach the mirror to the camera of your iPad and then slide the iPad into the base. Then just go to the Apple App Store and download the apps for all five games. Once the apps are downloaded, you can choose from Words, Masterpiece, Tangram, Newton and Numbers Games. We started with the numbers game and from the first moment my daughter was hooked!