And then the unthinkable happened. Here I am about 5 years later, i had my daughter "later" in life compared to most people I know, and I get it! I truly understand and think the idea of teaching kiddos yoga & meditation is the best thing ever! I would like to apologize for all the negative comments I made & let the world know I'm now one of the crazies trying to teach my toddler these practices, as you can see in the photo above ;-)
Why should you teach your child these practices? Well let me list afew benefits
1) Enhancing concentration: When your kiddo gets used to the postures of yoga, they automatically improve their concentration skills. Ancient sages used yoga as a form of meditation & their powers of concentration are legendary. Your kiddo learns how to sit still in one place & focus on what’s important as opposed to letting their mind wander & be distracted easily. This helps them in school, boosts their attention span & can improve their grades!
2) Confidence booster: When your kiddo is able to display great agility & flexibility, it does wonders for their confidence. Their improved performance at school also helps boost their self assurance. They become more poised & start to believe in their abilities. This feeling provides them with the adrenaline they need to achieve success in all their endeavors.
3) Relaxing their minds: Even kiddos have a great deal of stress these days because of their workload at school and the high expectations society had for them!. They are pushed to be achievers at every single point of their lives & when they fail, they take it to heart & become depressed. Yoga helps them relax and de-stress when they feel upset or depressed. It soothes their frayed minds and helps them get back to a normal mental state.
4) increases empathy: Yoga is well known to improve empathy for others, which is really important for children to not only learn, but to practice. With empathy for others & more kindness flowing, we will see a decrease in kiddos bullying other kiddos!
5) Helps with behavior issues & reduces impulsivity: Yoga clears your mind & calms your emotions. This can drastically improve your childs behaviors. By spending just 10 minutes a day practicing simple yoga, kiddos will be calmer & able to sustain better. You will see a huge improvement in behavior & performance. What parent or teacher would't love this?
^^^^ #5 was my main reason ;-) ^^^^
Don't wanna wait?!?! Click the button below & purchase one today on Amazon :)