The Thrills of Riding the World’s Greatest Wave Down Under…
• The current-generated surfing simulator flows 40,000 gallons of water per minute across a 40-foot inclined,
tensioned composite membrane surface softening any wipeout.
• A great way for first-timers to learn to boogie board or surf in a safe and controlled environment.
• A fun way for more experienced flow boarders to sharpen skills.
• Center divider allows two boogie boarders to ride simultaneously.
• Stand-up FlowBoarding lessons available for an additional fee.
• Spectator-friendly with photo opportunity potential.
• 42ʺ″ height requirement for Boogie Board; 52ʺ″ for stand up FlowBoarding.
resort, I know surprise, surprise ;-) I needed to share a closeup shot! Hubby & I were fortunate enough to catch a little playoff basketball here at the Flyboy's Swim-up bar! If my daughter wasn't with us, I probably would of chilled here until my whole body pruned up.
- CABANAS ARE AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE. THEY SELL OUT QUICKLY. I KNOW BECAUSE WE ATTEMPTED TO RENT ONE & EVEN BEING A REVIEWER, WE WERE OUT OF LUCK. SO CALL & RESERVE WAY BEFORE YOUR VISIT!
- TOWELS ARE PROVIDED, SO SAVE THE SUITCASE ROOM FOR SOMETHING ELSE! YOU HEARD CORRECTLY, PROVIDED!!!!! HUGE PERK & VERY RARE THESE DAYS IN THE STATES!
- LOCKER RENTALS ARE AVAILABLE TOO–VARIOUS PRICES, CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED
- ACCESS TO THE WATER PARK IS FREE FOR ALL OVERNIGHT GUESTS.
- GPS ADDRESS: 193 Resort Drive Tannersville, PA 18372. THE PARK IS LOCATED ABOUT 4HRS 50MIN FROM THE CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY AREA
Kartrite Van Der Berris, the legendary explorer, having traveled the world over, came upon Camelback Mountain on one of his frequent expeditions to the PoconoMountains and envisioned a grand lodge at the base of its peak, filled with wondersfrom the corners of the Earth. Here visitors would stay and experience the splendor ofthe mountain year-round in a lodge with a blend of rustic craftsman style andcontemporary finishes, and at its core, an awe-inspiring indoor waterpark namedAquatopia, filled with the relics and treasures from his worldly travels.
The main lobby exudes sophistication and adventure with it's gorgeous decor which includes artifacts from around the world from Kartrite’s journeys. Kids & this mama who majored in history, will have fun exploring and discovering new worlds as they play in each area of the resort.
Dining options include:
- Hemispheres offers a buffet style flat-rate dining experience that the entire family will enjoy. Be sure to stop by their dessert case while you're there - it's pretty amazing.
- Neptunes offers up sushi, small plates, and seafood selections as well as craft beer, wine, and specialty cocktails. The cozy restaurant also boasts a glass wall that provides aerial views of Aquatopia while dining.
- The Trails End Pub & Grille is located conveniently at the base of the mountain, by the Stevenson Chair Lift. Guests can ski or board right up to the restaurant in the winter, warm up by the fire, grab a bite to eat and head back to the slopes . The menu features an extensive burger selection, steak dinners, specialty drinks, craft beer and more!
- World Bazaar & Coffee Shop offers specialty coffee drinks, pastries, sweets, and snacks. In addition, they also offer a wide selection of souvenirs and gifts.
- Hungry Camel is situated adjesent to Arcadia and Colonial Columns is just inside of the waterpark. The 2 eateries offer up burgers, pizza, sandwiches and more. Both options are great for grabbing a quick bite with the family, while in between adventures.
- Sweet Discovery offers up a do-it-yourself frozen yogurt bar and a wide selection of baked treats & sweets.
- Flyboys carribean inspired swim-up bar offers up a wide selection of adult beverages. Adults only.
- Moroccan Nights offers up a selection of adult beverages and is situated inside of Aquatopia
If you’d like to learn more about Camelback Lodge and all of the wonderful skiing, water activities, and more, visit them on Facebook, Twitter or visit their website for a full rundown of all of the fun activities, amenities, lodging and more.